Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DietKiki Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Missed peroid, heavy period with very light spotting.
    I would like to start in saying that I'm not trying AT ALL to get pregnant and my periods have been completely normal and predictable for the last 2 years. So this is the reason I am/was freaking out, what's happening is not normal at all. And nothing has changed in my overall routine, not a lot of stress, not a significant weight gain/loss... nothing... then this.

My period came 2 weeks late this month, and when it did finally start about 2 1/2 weeks later,
    The first day was nothing but extremely light spotting
    The second day it was extremely dark, clotted and painful
    After that day it is back to the extremely light spotting (mostly light pink color, barely there) for the past 3 days.
    The reason this concerns me so much is that my usual period is quite heavy, all of the way through, usually very painful and physically draining. And this period was the complete opposite, aside from that one day.
    However, during those 2 weeks of no period my body was acting like it was pregnant. You name the symptom and I had it. I took 2 pregnancy tests a week apart and both were negative. Although I still feel as if I could be pregnant, I just have this strange feeling inside that something is different.
    Do you think this could have been a miscarriage or the possibility of something else? Something I should be a bit concerned with? Or a false negative? I'm very confused.
    I would have gone to the doctor as soon as I could have, but I haven't got health insurance and Michigan doesn't really help the uninsured out at all. And saving money, on top of paying bills, is hard enough.

Yes I am sexually active, and yes we do use protection. No I'm not on birth control, I had a bad experience with depo back in '04' and haven't touched any type of birth control since and I don't want to either.
    luvmysnakes27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 09:49 PM
    I had a very similar experience about a year ago and although you probably don't want to hear this you really should go to a doctor... are there any woman's clinics where you live that have free services?
    Trust me when I say that this is not something that can be treated lightly and any medical attention is better than none.
    The symptoms you describe actually point to a few different things and pregnancy is one of them... so is ovarian cysts and uterine cancer.
    If it was a miscarriage then you have to go to the doctor any way to be certain that you passed the entire embryo...
    I know that this is pretty scary but a part of what makes it so scary is the fact that you don't know what is happening to your own body.
    Find out... ask the people who can tell you for sure, if you aren't sure about where to go then contact your local health unit or find a service that offers free medical advice to pregnant woman they may be able to point you in the right direction
    DietKiki Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 11:18 PM
    No, I really didn't want to hear that, heh.
    But that was honestly what I was afraid of. My mother had cervical and ovarian cancer over the past 8 years, and knowing that it runs in my family is even scarier seeing as to how I'm only 21. But I will go to the only free clinic I know of around my area, however I believe they only do STD, pregnancy and pediatric work. It's unfortunate but Michigan's economy is so bad that they really don't offer free services anymore and I don't have the money to go to a real gyno, even though I apparently really need to.
    Thanks for the input though! I'll definitely keep what you said in mind.
    qwertyuiop21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Okay, I had unprotected sex about 3 months now which was acutally my first time ever... (stupid I know) I took a pregnancy test the month after the sex it was negative. My question is if you start having sex but your not pregnant is it normal to have changes in your periods??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light period followed by heavy flow of brown blood [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, everyone -- I'm an Ask Me Help Desk novice looking for a few answers and a little reassurance. I just experienced a relatively light period capped by a fairly heavy day-long flow of brown blood with a distinctive odor. I'm in my mid-30s, not pregnant, and I don't have any STDs. Should...

Light spotting instead of period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have not gotten my period this month but have been spotting. The last time I had my period was 36 days ago and it was normal (6 days long).This month I began spotting just a day or two before my expected period due date. The spotting is pinkish brown/light red with no flow to it. The spotting...

Missed pill, spotting before period. What's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am taking birth control but I missed three of them this month by a couple of hours. My boyfriend and had sex without a condom for no more than 10 sec. just to see how it felt. The last pill that I missed was about 5 hours late. My period is suppose to start on the 18th of...

Pregnant? Spotting, missed period! [ 2 Answers ]

I've never paid a huge amount of attention to my period and quite often they do just surprise me, that said I always 'know' roughly, and am definitely aware when I'm late. My last period was 22 July and I have a 44 day cycle. My breast have been painful, I've been slightly constipated and my skin...

Light then heavy period then spotting. [ 6 Answers ]

I got my period last month only for 2 1/2 days and then sit stopped. I got my period again this month on time very light at first then normal and then it stopped. However I then started to spot a little and this spotting has continued for about 2 weeks now. It is extremely light sometimes when I...

View more questions Search