Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deedee8062 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Cancelling health insurance at 18
    Child support stops at 18 per court order but can the father legally drop a child from his insurance if they are going to be a full time college student?
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 2, 2008, 07:14 PM
    This is hard to answer Can you give more info It depends upon the state and type of insurance.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 07:56 AM
    My experience has been that the child is disqualified at age 18 unless you present the insurance carrier proof that the child is a full-time student every six months. This can be done by FAXING a copy of the student's class schedule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My doctor's office will not release a claim to me with all the necessary information such as the diagnosis code and service code (cpt) because of HIPAA ? I have a self insured plan, the doctor is non-par and will not bill it, and I am trying to get myself paid. How can I get this information ? And...

Health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Some of you may already know that I've been looking for affordable health insurance for my family. I have a few questions. What are these companies that I'm calling that look up different quotes for you and say that they will be your agent to deal with the insurance company? Do you have to...

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

View more questions Search