Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownSugarWebster890 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 06:26 PM
    I want to learn Ballet what are your veiws?
    I need help I'm a boy and want to learn ballet but I already breakdance and pop and lock what can I do?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:43 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by that question..

Why don't you go to a dance class and sign up for lessons?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 02:22 AM
    Perhaps you might know some others at the school that you attend who are learning ballet? You might want to ask them about this. There is always a shortage of males who are interested in and want to pursue learning how to dance in the ballet style. The females in ballet do need partners, so I am sure that your inquiries about the same would be encouraged by anyone whom you ask about it who is involved in ballet.
    marlousmd Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Ballet schools have a shortage of boys so they would love to have you. Ballet is very disciplined, very different to breakdance. But if you love to dance - go for it!
    maiwest Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

May 6, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownSugarWebster890
    i need help im a boy and want to learn ballet but i already breakdance and pop and lock what can i do?
    True there is a lack of male ballet dancers and schools always welcome boys to join the group. Just join a class. Ballet is definitely very different from breakdancing. It's more fluid and requires more training and discipline but there is no doubt that ballet will be able to compliment whatever other form of dancing that you want to pursue. So like marlousmd said go for it. Passion for dancing is the most important factor... nothing else...
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Aug 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
    I too am not sure why you don't just sign up. Is it because you are a boy and you are afraid you will be made fun of? If that is the case all you have to do is tell the other boys that make fun of you that you are surrounded by beautiful girls in tight leotards and you get to dance with them and lift them and I'll bet they will shut up real quick!! :D

But either way, just research some dance studios close to home and find out their prices and hours and take your pick!!
    jazmine16 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Aug 2, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Go and look for a ballet school. There is a lack of male dancers and who knows you might even get a scholarship because most of the ballet schools gives scholarship to male dancers. Even if you know how to breakdance it is not really necessary.it doesn't mean that you can't be a male ballet dancer. As long as you have the passion you can succeed! Remember that ballet is not as easy as it looks. Perseverance is what you need to excel in it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Original poster has not logged back onto this site since February of 2008. Answers have been sufficient enough. To avoid any further confusion involving the timeliness of the answers...

Question Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

You+yoga/ballet=weight los? [ 3 Answers ]

If you do yoga, AND ballet, will you loose weight,

I don't learn anything [ 15 Answers ]

Could you guys help me because when I go to school to learn something I can I keep forgetting everything I even have no change to go out side and play I study hard and I work hard but I can remember not of you ask After 5 min I can just rember it it is so hard for me to keep something to my mind I...

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

You Veiws (any appreciated) [ 36 Answers ]

Hi me and My fiancé Have been trying for a baby for 5months and still haven't got pregnant! I am now 7days late my period and my period has been regular... I Have been having many different symptoms... e.g. Headaches... Tender boobs and nipples always seem to be errect:rolleyes:... the...

View more questions Search