Feb 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Can anyone talk to spirits
    I want to find someone who can talk to spirits or see them
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 12:14 PM
    The REAL people that Ghost whisper -Mary Ann Winkowski-
    And
    Medium -Allison DuBois- were made about.

I question if Sylvia Brown really can (at least as much as she claims she does)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 2, 2008, 01:52 PM
    I saw this thing about how Sylvia Brown told Sean (I think that's how it was spelled) Hornbeck's parent's that he was dead several years before he was found alive. (the kid who was kidnapped and then found because the guy kidnapped another boy) I don't know if that is true that she told them that or if it is just a rumor. I sometimes watch her when she's on Montel. (yes I watch daytime TV sometimes, I admit it :) )
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Yeah that happened with a woman that lived in Pittsburgh too.
    Sylvia said she was dead so the family thought she was and years later they found her alive and well living in Florida. I believe she has some ability but not for all the people she deals with. Like listen to what she says. Your loved one is trying to tell you they want you to remember that special anniversary. Easy enough to say and look for real.
    I say I believe she does have some ability because for one she has provided some people with clues to how their loved one was killed.

Feb 2, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Yeah, that's about what I think too. I think she may be able to do some stuff, but she is mistaken or something sometimes. I think she was probably guessing about the Hornbeck kid. I mean, if someone was asking me if they were going to see their kid that was missing for years, if I had to guess, I would think the odds were against it and say no probably.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gouewater
    i want to find someone who can talk to spirits or see them
    You won't find anyone, only people claiming to.

On the Sylvia Browne issue, see Stop Sylvia Browne: Home - Main Page for information on all the damage she's caused.

Feb 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Hey, I think that's the site I read that thing about Sean Hornbeck on. I ran across it when I was looking up about her. I was curious since my friend is obsessed with the whole thing, and I've seen her on TV a time or two.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:06 PM
    I take anything skeptics say with a grain of salt because they already have their mind made up and only want to hear THAT outcome. I am skeptic about so called scientific testing because they often go for the outcome they want too.
    But I do agree that if she doesn't have a good track record of say resolved crimes then I can't call her for real. But I have heard she has given good tips to police and family that she couldn't have otherwise known. Still don't know her average of having it right vs what she may have just made up or guessed.

Allison DuBois is said to have a good track record with the police in helping them solve unsolved crimes.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    I take anything skeptics say with a grain of salt because they already have their mind made up and only want to hear THAT outcome. I am skeptic about so called scientific testing because they often go for the outcome they want too.
    But I do agree that if she doesn't have a good track record of say resolved crimes then I can't call her for real. But I have heard she has given good tips to police and family that she couldn't have otherwise known. Still don't know her average of having it right vs what she may have just made up or guessed.

Allison DuBois is said to have a good track record with the police in helping them solve unsolved crimes.
    Then I suggest you have a misunderstanding of the scientific method, skepticism, and probably of statistics.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:13 PM
    I don't think I do. There are just too many things that science claims they tested and disproved to the advantage of the outcome they wanted.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:14 PM
    I don't think I do. There are just too many things that science claims they tested and disproved to the advantage of the outcome they wanted.
    Then may I suggest that you are the one who is closed minded to any outcome except the one that they want?

Double blind testing does not give us the comfort of altering results to what we want them to be.
    BrownSugarWebster890 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gouewater
    i want to find someone who can talk to spirits or see them
    You may not believe but my nan can talk to them. Write Back
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Capuchin

Then just for one---how do they put all those drugs like Vioxx that kill 500 to 5,000 people out on the market??
    And keep them on the market for it to get up to that many people?
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Capuchin

Then just for one---how do they put all those drugs like Vioxx that kill 500 to 5,000 people out on the market???
    and keep them on the market for it to get up to that many people?
    From what I can gather, this was more of an oversight and a misunderstanding of the effects of the drug. Merck were condemned throughout the scientific community about their failure to remove the drug from commerce more quickly.

I don't see any evidence of it being an intentional skewing of results like you claim, though.

Drugs kill people. They're designed not to but they still do. Just like anything in this world.
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Yeah that is why I don't trust scientific testing more than about 30% I see what Prozac and many things do then they discredit vitamin E and other things.
    I think it's healthy to have some skepticality about things like drug trials, many drugs can affect the body over a long period, and this can't always be tested because of pressure to get the drug out to help people. This says nothing about the scientific method.

However, testing things like psychics is significantly easier.

Just apply a little common sense to what's being tested, how it's being tested etc. You have to take each case on its merits.

Damning the whole scientific method (one of man's greatest inventions) is a bit of a foolhardy decision imo.

Who's discrediting vitamin E?
    azkad79 Posts: 18, Reputation: -3

Feb 16, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Nobody can talk to spirits, because they do not exist in this world; however you can talk to djinn, they are invisible, can fly, and marry like human beings. They can do harm to people.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azkad79
    Nobody can talk to spirits, because they do not exist in this world; however you can talk to djinn, they are invisible, can fly, and marry like human beings. They can do harm to people.
    Haha what.
    How do you know they can fly if they are invisible? :P :P
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by azkad79

So you would marry one and your husband/wife would be invisible? Not a bad idea!
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    So you would marry one and your husband/wife would be invisible? Not a bad idea!
    Better yet, they would have invisible kids... hmmm wish my mom or dad had been one of them!
    azkad79 Posts: 18, Reputation: -3

Feb 19, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Djinn are visible to sertain types of people, in my region there are, for instance, people who talk to djinn, when we are together, i.e. with those people, they say that at that moment they can see some djinn and they talk to them, for us it semms to be something ridiculous, because we cannot see them, it seems as if they are talking to themselves. Djinn exist everywhere, even in your region, you must have heard so far about some people talking to spirits, it is the truth, in actual fact they do not talk to spirits, but deal with djinn. So, such people say that they can see djinn fly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeing spirits [ 15 Answers ]

My 7 year old son recently informed us that he sees "dead people's faces". He is able to look at them straight on but says they do not talk to him. He says he can only see them at night so we got him a bright night light for his room. A couple of nights ago, he came in and told us that there...

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Why do spirits follow me? [ 2 Answers ]

ALong time ago I was messing with my kids and niece and I said ghost make the doorbell ring and it actually rang. That was at my parents house when I was about 16. Then my girlfriend and I would be in their garage with the ouija board asking for the spirits to come out and I had a big kerosen...

What spirits are [ 3 Answers ]

I believe for the most part free roaming spirits are angels either demon or the ones on Gods team what are your thoughts?

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

View more questions Search