Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MurphyG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Reciprocal Income Tax Agreement
    I live in the state of New Jersey but work in Philadelphia, PA. My W-2 form shows that NJ State Income tax, NJ SUI and PA SUI were deducted from my payroll this year. I don't believe this is correct. I did have the local income tax withheld. I questioned the bookkeeper and she feels that she is correct.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 06:57 PM
    She is correct. NJ and PA have a reciprocity agreement that allows those who live in one state and work in the other and pay ONLY taxes for the lived-in state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to file Income Tax on S.S. Income? [ 5 Answers ]

Regarding filing Income Taxes (over age of 70), on Social Security Income? Is there an amount of Social Security Received for the year that dictates whether I have to file Income Taxes on "only Social Security" only income earned in 2007, or any other year?:rolleyes:

Estate Tax, Trust Co Tax, Affect on Income bracket [ 1 Answers ]

I am receiving $5,000 from a Trust Company my grandparents set up for when they pass on. I was told that the Trust Company would tax that $5,000 dollars, is that proper and can anyone cite specific references? Further, I understand that money will not be taxed by the IRS but will it affect my...

Income tax treatment of sales tax on improvement to rental property [ 3 Answers ]

For income tax purposes, major improvements to my rental property must be depreciated over a period of years. Can I take the sales tax on those improvements as a deduction in the year of the improvement, or must the sales tax amount be included in the depreciation schedule? Thank-you, ...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

View more questions Search