Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julielynn16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Plumbing problems
    I have a hot water leak,I believe that it is from my shower. How can I find out?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 11:35 AM
    First place to start is to remove the face plate to the shower. Then run shower with plate off and look inside with a flashlight. Leak could be above where shower arm connects to plumbing behind wall, or right at valve, of course. If you have a volume control put that back in when face plate off and move that back and forth to see if that is issue.

Let us know what kind of shower.. tile/fiberglass, etc. Let us know shower valve name... and on 1st or 2nd floor?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Julie, you ned to give us a bit more info. Where do you see the water leak, how do you know it's the hot water side? Back to you for the whole story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help with this one. My toilet when flushed will fill all the way to the top then go down, the water will stay low in the bowl, like it is stopped up. I have plunged it and when I do the water comes up in the sink drain and has an awful odor. Can some one give me an idea what may be...

Plumbing problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I Need Some Do It Yourself Help Im Having A Problem With My Bath Tub Whenever I Turn On The Faucet In The Bathroon Sink , Dirty Water Comes Up Out Of The Tub. The Tub Drain Usually Wouldn't Clog. But Now The Water Won't Go Down. It Is Just Staying In The Tub. I Used A Plunger And Some Liquid...

Plumbing Problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a new home and the builder called today to tell me that although there is no water service to the home water is coming out of the faucets and they do not know why. What could possibly explain this? Should I take my money and run?

Plumbing problems [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix this problem. I have a tub/shower combo and when you turn on the middle control knob for shower use water starts to drip behind the walls from the pipes. It leaks down the pipe to the laundry room below. I can see a little behind the wall from the room below. Thanks for you...

View more questions Search