Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnwantedHero Posts: 99, Reputation: 8

Feb 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Killing loneliness
    Hey everyone,haven't posted in like 8 months cause I've worked out a few issues I had.Pretty confindent I've confronted these demons,but that's where my new problem start.

Im now finding myself to be feeling pretty lonely these days.Well not 24/7 but when I have my personal time,I find myself wishing for someone in my life again.To help combat this problem I've started working out,hanging with friends more,get out of the house more and even took up martial arts.

I only feel this was when I'm alone,which regardless of how many thing I do during the day,I still have plenty of alone time which I feel down in the dumps about.I am looking for someone else at the moment,but not jumping the gun for the first girl to come along,but its so hard feeling the loneliness and turning away girls because I know that it simply wouldn't work with them.I just want to know if there anyone else feeling like this,and anything that may help furthermore to combat my problem.

Thanks for listening to my little story
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:12 AM
    You have a hobby that you can do on your own? A TV show, reading a book, listening to music, etc?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Don't worry man your totally normal
    we all feel lonely even if we have girlfriends we can still feel alone.

when I split up from my last x I was alone for 6 months.

now I'm in a relationship again. But for those 6 months the first 2 were awful I was like well this is great I'm all alone now

Now that I'm with this girl I look back on my free time and I did have a lot of fun

you will look back and see all the great things you get from your gym and your training
    at leats your not sitting still
    your still fighting :)

keep at it!
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 2, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Get back out there in the dating world your are lonely because we humans all long for human interaction. When I say dating I mean a courting relationship you spent time going to the movies, eating together, and talking on the phone. Keep the relationship open and make sure the person you do this with is on the same page. * very important* If you two actually become boyfriend and girlfriend its up to you guys. Just hang out and enjoy each others company.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 2, 2008, 09:47 AM
    When I'm bored I sometimes come on here and do my thing, and sometimes I go to a place called Free Online Chat Rooms - WireClub and meet people there. I know what you mean by being lonely, and it can suck. You have gone to the gym, taken martial arts, you are already ahead of so many men by not being a social coward. Maybe you can start involving yourself in more socially interactive activities where more woman are involved, maybe try a dancing class... Or volunteer somewhere, woman love a good volunteer! LOL, anyway good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Female friends, and lots of them. Not only will you have a choice of company, at dinner and movies, but whenever you feel like talking. Plutonic though as sex has a way of blurring the lines between friends. I've always had a lot of female friends, until the wife came along and took them, but that's another story. There is nothing as therapuetic, as a female who is a good friend.
    UnwantedHero Posts: 99, Reputation: 8

Feb 3, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Yea I used to have quite a few female friends,until I started to get to know them personally and then falling for them knowing that they wernt interested or they were taken.Thats why I sort of just stuck to hanging with guys.I do know what you guys are talking about though,when I did hang out with girls it was quite fun on a different aspect from hanging with guys.Problem is that I'm also quite shy when it comes meeting girls for the first time.Im still working on being more confident around girls(even though it's a common problem with guys).
    jaded87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by UnwantedHero
    hey everyone,havent posted in like 8 months cause ive worked out a few issues I had.Pretty confindent ive confronted these demons,but thats where my new problem start.

Im now finding myself to be feeling pretty lonly these days.Well not 24/7 but when I have my personal time,I find myself wishing for someone in my life again.To help combat this problem ive started working out,hanging with friends more,get out of the house more and even took up martial arts.

I only feel this was when im alone,which reguardless of how many thing I do during the day,I still have plenty of alone time which I feel down in the dumps about.I am looking for someone else at the moment,but not jumping the gun for the first girl to come along,but its so hard feeling the loneliness and turning away girls because I know that it simply wouldnt work with them.I just wanna know if there anyone else feeling like this,and anything that may help futhermore to combat my problem.

Thanks for listening to my lil story
    Yes, sometimes I feel that way but it's not permanent I'm sure... you'll find someone it's just the waiting that annoys me! Not so much the lonliness.
    RustyJenkins Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Well, no need to jump right in, you are right. Waiting for the right one is going to be worth what you feel, because it will be less heartache in the end. I was single for4 years before I met my g/f now.. we have our probs, but hey who doesn't, just trying to figure a lot out about it. As long as you aren't sending one that has potential away, then you will be all right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kill loneliness? [ 5 Answers ]

Im doing my first year at university and I'm not in my country as well. At the times I feel really lonely and I don't know how to deal with it. I can be on my own, but most of the time I like to be with people and doing things together. I really want to be able to be more on my own and learn how to...

Overcoming loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

I've been single for a very long time and have no friends so rarely leave the house except to go to work or to go shopping. How can I meet people who want ot meet me back? Any help appreciated - I'm nearing giving up hope.

Emptiness / loneliness and emotional [ 2 Answers ]

I have become extremely attached to my friend. I had a crush on this guy and my friend went to great lengths to help me find ways to spend more time with my crush. When things didn't work out between me and my crush, my friend was always there for me to be my emotional support. My friend is...

Abolish loneliness [ 1 Answers ]

My birth day is 14 August 1971 and time is 22:15 ist.. birth place is village-koth,tehsil-dholka, dist-ahmedabad,state-gujrat,india. My life is wery lonely.is love in the air for me? Or I have to live alone?

View more questions Search