SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 2, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Do you know about Stigmata?
    There is a stigmata-bearer in California. Visit here for more information:

Blessed Tiffany

http://www.tiffanysnow.com/

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 08:55 AM
    It is interesting to read about those who have stigmata. But I am not buying the book. I do not deny that she could have the real stigmata. Is her title of "blessed" one that she gave herself, others gave her, or has been bestowed upon her by the Holy See?

Feb 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    It is interesting to read about those who have stigmata. But I am not buying the book. I do not deny that she could have the real stigmata. Is her title of "blessed" one that she gave herself, others gave her, or has been bestowed upon her by the Holy See?
    I believe the title "blessed" concerning her stigmata was brought about through God's Divine Intervention as is appropriate for anyone who has the stigmata. I am not Catholic, therefore, I do not believe that in any other than Catholic circles the Pope is the one to confer the title "Blessed" to a person. A person is blessed by God when great miracles occur in their life such as what has happened to Blessed Tiffany and the title rightfully distinguishes her from one who has not received the stigmata.

Go to the following page to learn more about Blessed Tiffany's stigmata. Look especially in the third yellow highlighted section and you will find a sentence that should explain what you are trying to learn. You will also see her hands swollen from this miraculous experience. She is currently experiencing stigmata.

http://www.tiffanysnow.com/page3.html

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    I believe the title "blessed" concerning her stigmata was brought about through God's Divine Intervention
    How did this intervention occur?

Feb 2, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    How did this intervention occur?
    Excellent question! The moment a person can explain to mankind how the stigmata (Christ's puncture wounds) and his stripes can appear on one of His creations, other than it being through Divine Intervention, then we will know differently.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Then I guess it's a little hasty to call it divine intervention.

Feb 2, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Then I guess it's a little hasty to call it divine intervention.
    Not at all. We will perhaps never know how the Lord Our God works. He just does and what He does has to be accepted in Faith by those who Believe.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Not at all. We will perhaps never know how the Lord Our God works. He just does and what He does has to be accepted in Faith by those who Believe.
    I think what needkarma might be getting at is that there's at least one way to get stigmata that is significantly easier to believe than divine intervention.

Feb 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I think what needkarma might be getting at is that there's at least one way to get stigmata that is significantly easier to believe than divine intervention.
    To remove all doubt, and since I obviously am not a spokesperson for Blessed Tiffany since her experience is a very personal one, let all those who are still skeptical about her stigmata go direct to the stigmata-bearer, Blessed Tiffany, and ask her directly about it. Information on how to reach her (including e-mail and a toll-free number) is at the following page. I, for one, would be interested in having you report back to us on her reply.

http://www.tiffanysnow.com/page24.html

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
    I'm confused as to how stigmata bestow superpowers upon the person.

It's also very telling that in order to see the "studies" into her "distant healing", you have to buy her book.
    Why wouldn't she want these to be seen for free?

By calling God "The Big Guy", is she trying to hint that she and God are pals? Buddies?

It stinks of woo-woo and scam to me.

Feb 2, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I'm confused as to how stigmata bestow superpowers upon the person.

It's also very telling that in order to see the "studies" into her "distant healing", you have to buy her book.
    Why wouldnt she want these to be seen for free?

By calling God "The Big Guy", is she trying to hint that she and God are pals? buddies?

It stinks of woo-woo and scam to me.
    You refer to "superpowers" in reference to the Stigmata. I don't believe they are superpowers other than God's anointing and blessing the person of His choice to receive the stigmata. If certain gifts and abilities follow along with the Stigmata, then certainly there can be no doubt it is a gift from God as healing through God is a gift and not a superpower.

About the distant healing, I do not find where one would have to buy the book other than it contains information perhaps too voluminous to be included on her website. Please see the referenced page below for more information on this.

http://www.tiffanysnow.com/page11.html

About the term "Big Guy", I believe it may be purely personal preference. Some people who are more colloquial may use terminology that they simply prefer to use but one must remember that God obviously gave her her abilities, and no matter how close one would want to be with God in order to receive those gifts if God did not wish to bestow them upon a certain person they would not have the gifts. Therefore, it is your personal take on the wording she uses.

I would not be so quick as to use derogatory words such as "scam" and "woo-woo" without first contacting her personally as I suggested before, and ask her what you are asking here. That way, she or her assistants could answer your questions and you would not have to resort to name-calling of anotherwise good servant that God chose to do His work.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 04:50 PM
    anotherwise good servant that God chose to do His work.
    What work is she doing for the big guy?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:14 PM
    You refer to "superpowers" in reference to the Stigmata. I don't believe they are superpowers other than God's anointing and blessing the person of His choice to receive the stigmata. If certain gifts and abilities follow along with the Stigmata, then certainly there can be no doubt it is a gift from God as healing through God is a gift and not a superpower.
    Is the ability to make money from people's insecurities and gullibility a "gift from God" too?

BTW, you don't need to put your signature in every message, it's a signature, it automatically appears at the end of every message without you typing it.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Feb 2, 2008, 07:23 PM
    I don't often agree with NK and Capuchin, but this time I am making an exception!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Stigmata can be faked - there is enough proof to that. A person who has genuine stigmata is not out there making money off their gift. St. Francis of Assisi was a stigmatic and I never read where he made a dollar from his stigmata.

I can understand where a non-Catholic can have this. It is just when someone gives themselves the title "blessed" the skeptic in me comes out very strong. I would never call this Tiffany and pay for her wisdom.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I read through her site. Sorry. I don't buy it. If she is truly a stigmatic, she and others are trying to make a fast buck off it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Can you hear the cash register? I am with you, WG. Just do not buy into this one.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 07:48 PM
    And so if I buy her book and send donations for healing and am not healed, then what? According to what I read, my faith is too weak.

This sounds like The Secret and The Power of Now.

Feb 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    And so if I buy her book and send donations for healing and am not healed, then what? According to what I read, my faith is too weak.

This sounds like The Secret and The Power of Now.
    That has been the problem for many in this world. Their faith is too weak and even those who went before Jesus to be healed were not because of their lack of faith. That has caused the downfall of many.

"And He saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then He arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." -- MATTHEW 8:26 (KJV)

Absolutely no one is being forced to buy the book or go for services. Each person has their own free will to do as they so choose.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:12 PM
    [B]That has been the problem for many in this world. Their faith is too weak and even those who went before Jesus to be healed were not because of their lack of faith. That has caused the downfall of many.
    Or just being on the unlucky side of the statistics? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search