Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    That has been the problem for many in this world. Their faith is too weak
    That's very unBiblical.

So my faith in HER as a healer is what is too weak?
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 2, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Stigmata can be faked - there is enough proof to that. A person who has genuine stigmata is not out there making money off of their gift. St. Francis of Assisi was a stigmatic and I never read where he made a dollar from his stigmata.

I can understand where a non-Catholic can have this. It is just when someone gives themselves the title "blessed" the skeptic in me comes out very strong. I would never call this Tiffany and pay for her wisdom.

It is incredible that a group such as you would try to cast stones at one who professes God and His work right on her website. And about St. Francis, yes, he was a holy person who was meek yet powerful in his ways. But one must remember that in those days Friars, which St. Francis was, would usually live in the church and had food and shelter provided for them. Today, a person with stigmata is usually not that fortunate. In order to help others they must surely charge for their time, not for the spiritual healing services. If they did not, they would have to work elsewhere and thereby deny those who went seeking their services. By the way, Blessed Tiffany set up a center in order to help people and guess what? That costs money. Plenty of money. But then I am sure most of you have never heard of famous preachers who also ask for money in order to continue their ministry and reach across the globe with their spiritual services, have you?

Even in a church, a collection box is passed each time a service is held. If it were not that way, the priests or ministers could not possibly keep the church going as that is usually the only way by raising money to keep it afloat. So, let's put things in their proper perspective for a change.

And to make a correction, Blessed Tiffany says in her website that people often call her "Blessed". Therefore, it is a name that people, I'm sure after seeing her holy work, have decided is fitting and proper to call her. But again, there is no one forcing any of you to do anything you do not want to do. The information is simply there for your reading and consideration on the Internet.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 09:53 PM
    But then I am sure most of you have never heard of famous preachers who also ask for money in order to continue their ministry and reach across the globe with their spiritual services, have you?
    Of course I have, I believe they are preying on the gullible too.

Feb 2, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    That's very unBiblical.

So my faith in HER as a healer is what is too weak?
    I can now see that you obviously do not know that God is the only healer in all situations. You do not have to have faith in her but in the work that God does through her. Jesus (God in the Second Person of the Holy Trinity) is the actual healer. Again, I would ask you if you have ever seen an evangelist during a healing session? Do you believe it is he who is actually doing the healing or God through him? I feel you may very well believe it is the man rather than the Deity.

Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 10:00 PM
    I can now see that you obviously do not know that God is the only healer in all situations. You do not have to have faith in her but in the work that God does through her. Jesus (God in the Second Person of the Holy Trinity) is the actual healer. Again, I would ask you if you have ever seen an evangelist during a healing session? Do you believe it is he who is actually doing the healing or God through him? I feel you may very well believe it is the man rather than the Deity.
    This is interesting, when we take medicine, is it God healing through the drugs?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Sorry. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Of course, I know God is the One Who heals. He heals all the time, every day, even when we don't ask.

Feb 2, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    This is interesting, when we take medicine, is it God healing through the drugs?
    Who do you think gave man the intelligence in the first place with which to make the drugs which assist in the healing process? Medicine comes from plants and herbs mostly. Who do you think creates the plants and herbs that heal? By that same token, who made the animals (that can provide for successful vaccines used in healing) and the ocean from where we can harvest many vitamins, food and drugs as well? It all comes from God.

Feb 2, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Sorry. You're barking up the wrong tree.
    You opened that door.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 10:49 PM
    You opened that door.
    No. All I said was that saying weak faith is the reason for lack of healing is unBiblical.

Feb 3, 2008, 10:37 AM
    No. All I said was that saying weak faith is the reason for lack of healing is unBiblical.
    Since you have said that and obviously believe that, let me prove you wrong with Biblical Scriptures.

"For by grace are ye saved through Faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." -- Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)

".... Verily I say unto you, If ye have Faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed .... it shall be done." -- MATTHEW 21:21 (KJV)

"God hath dealt to every man the measure of Faith." -- ROMANS 12:3 (KJV)

"That your Faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." -- 1 CORINTHIANS 2:5 (KJV)

"But without Faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must Believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." -- HEBREWS 11:6 (KJV)

"Therefore being justified by Faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." -- ROMANS 5:1 (KJV)

"Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." -- HEBREWS 11:1 (KJV)

"Let us hold fast the profession of our Faith Without Wavering for he is faithful that promised" -- HEBREWS 10:23 (KJV)

"That the communication of thy Faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus." -- PHILEMON 6 (KJV)

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from Faith to Faith: as it is written, The just shall live by FAITH." -- ROMANS 1:17 (KJV)

But let me go a little further to show you the exact Scriptures that make it unequivocally known that without FAITH, one cannot heal.

"Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of FAITH Shall Save the Sick, and the Lord shall raise him up." -- JAMES 5:14-15 (KJV)

"And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve y ears, came behind Him (Jesus), and touched the hem of His garment: For she said within herself, if I may but touch His garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about and when He saw her, He said, Daughter, be of good comfort, THY FAITH HATH MADE THEE WHOLE." -- MATTHEW 9:20-22 (KJV)

"And when He was come into the house, the blind men came to Him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched He their eyes, saying, According to your FAITH be it unto you." -- MATTHEW 9:28-29 (KJV)

So, you can now put aside that notion that faith does not play an important role in healing. You can now plainly see that FAITH is the most important element in any healing. And it is indeed BIBLICAL!

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 11:43 AM
    So how do atheists and Hindus and Scientologists and Buddhists receive healing?

Feb 3, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Hi again, Wondergirl,

You ask a great question. The answer to your question is that many Christians throughout the world who know that there are many non-believers of Jesus thus, in the ONE and ONLY true God, get together regularly and pray for those who are lost in the world. They pray that even those who are God-less may not be forgotten and healed of their infirmities. That is what a true Christian is all about - praying for others because they are not of the same belief as they are. Jesus has given us a great example when He told us to "LOVE ONE ANOTHER" and when He sat with publicans and thiefs and ate with them. He did this not because they were an elite group, far from it, but so that they could learn about the power of God.

And so it is, that if we as Christians did not offer prayers around the world in every Christian church and prayer meeting for the lost in this world, God would not hear those prayers and the lost would stay lost. But the effect and power, in concerted effort, for a cause (to bring healing to the non-believer) who has no Faith in God, can work miracles! And indeed, Wondergirl, it DOES! That is why we see non-believers healed! There is great power in numbers when they pray to the ONE and ONLY God for others! To this end, we Christians will continue with our mission to help our fellow non-believing man when they don't have enough Faith to help themselves. Thank you so much for your question. I hope it has helped others to understand the power of Christian Prayer!

"But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven." -- MATTHEW 18:16-19 (KJV)

So, won't you join us now, Wondergirl, in prayer for the lost and un-believers in this world. Remember, when two or three are gathered in His (Jesus) name, there is He in the midst of us! He can and will continue to help the un-believer through His Divine miracles! Praise Be Jesus' Most Holy Name!

Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 02:37 PM

So, won't you join us now, Wondergirl, in prayer for the lost and un-believers in this world. Remember, when two or three are gathered in His (Jesus) name, there is He in the midst of us! He can and will continue to help the un-believer through His Divine miracles! Praise Be Jesus' Most Holy Name!
    And I will gather with some atheists and we will try to find a way to get you to atheism.

Have a great day.

NK.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 02:57 PM
    So, won't you join us now, Wondergirl, in prayer for the lost and un-believers in this world.
    No. I don't sit and pray. I take action.

Now, please answer my question about healing.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 03:24 PM
    I just have to give this input on St. Francis of Assisi - he and his followers did not live in a church nor were they supported by a church. He and his followers toiled as labourers, even begging for work. What they got, they gave back to the poor. Often they lived in huts that they made of mud and thatch.

Feb 3, 2008, 05:57 PM
    No. I don't sit and pray. I take action.

Now, please answer my question about healing.
    I already have because that's the way it is. You evidently did not like the answer, therefore, you should go to God in prayer and ask in your heart why you would be so resistant.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
    This question.

Feb 3, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I just have to give this input on St. Francis of Assisi - he and his followers did not live in a church nor were they supported by a church. He and his followers toiled as labourers, even begging for work. What they got, they gave back to the poor. Often they lived in huts that they made out of mud and thatch.
    So, you know that for a fact I presume? Then there may be several stories around and that could be one of them. But assuming that was so, and with all due respect to St. Francis, in today's world it would have been very difficult for St. Francis to survive without the church's help. And if he lived in the U.S.A., being a foreigner and doing labor, he and his labourers would be the first to tell us that they would have most likely run into serious problems with the Immigration people, and the Health Dept. with their living quarters. Moral of the story is what may have been accepted then is not commonly accepted now due to the change in the times, state laws, and different ways of doing things.

Feb 3, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    And I will gather with some atheists and we will try to find a way to get you to atheism.

Have a great day.

NK.
    You need not even try as I am a proud Born Again Christian and my belief in God is the strongest ever! It is your free will choice to not believe as you so choose but there will always be others that may try to guide you lovingly when you enter into these religious discussion groups. May God Bless You.

Feb 3, 2008, 06:26 PM
    This question.
    And once again, This Answer.

You (again) ask a great question. The answer to your question is that many Christians throughout the world who know that there are many non-believers of Jesus thus, in the ONE and ONLY true God, get together regularly and pray for those who are lost in the world. They pray that even those who are God-less may not be forgotten and healed of their infirmities. That is what a true Christian is all about - praying for others because they are not of the same belief as they are. Jesus has given us a great example when He told us to "LOVE ONE ANOTHER" and when He sat with publicans and thiefs and ate with them. He did this not because they were an elite group, far from it, but so that they could learn about the power of God.

And so it is, that if we as Christians did not offer prayers around the world in every Christian church and prayer meeting for the lost in this world, God would not hear those prayers and the lost would stay lost. But the effect and power, in concerted effort, for a cause (to bring healing to the non-believer) who has no Faith in God, can work miracles! And indeed, Wondergirl, it DOES! That is why we see non-believers healed! There is great power in numbers when they pray to the ONE and ONLY God for others! To this end, we Christians will continue with our mission to help our fellow non-believing man when they don't have enough Faith to help themselves. Thank you so much for your question. I hope it has helped others to understand the power of Christian Prayer!

"But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven." -- MATTHEW 18:16-19 (KJV)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search