Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntedmansionfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Installation of Moen faucet cartridge
    I have a 15 year old Moen bath/shower combination faucet. I had to replace the cartridge due to a leak. Now I cannot get enough water to go to the shower head. When I pull the diverter in the faucet the water pressure seems to be too great for the diverter to work and I get just a dribble of water out of the shower head and a vast amount of water spewing past the diverter into the tub. I also changed the tub faucet thinking the diverter went bad. No such luck.

The cartridge is Moen #12801. Is it possible I could have this thing in backwards?

Bill
    aesam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Did you check and see if there was anything left in the assembly before you put the new cartridge in (pcs of washer from the old one) take it back out and look down it with a flash light. If not it could be your diverter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

Need instruction on cartridge removal for Moen bath faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Our tub in the guest bath has a single lever controlled faucet and we just recently realized that there is no hot water coming out when you turn it all the way to hot. It's just a dribble and it's cold. Judging by most of the reponses to this question it would appear our first step would be to try...

Moen cartridge style tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My tub faucet was leaking and I replaced the cartridge (took me all day to figure it out!) Now I only get lukewarm water. I've read the other posts on this repair and my faucet (when it worked) used to pull out and you would turn it one way for hot, the other for cold. Inside the handle is one...

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Moen Cartridge Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Tvdave New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 0 Moen shower cartridge I've read your responses to several folks concerning the Moen single handle shower cartridge and appreciate all the good information. I take it that since I am getting hot water to my sink and no hot water...

View more questions Search