Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2008, 08:01 AM
    From CD to MP3
    Can anyone tell me how I get songs from a CD and turn them into MP3 for an MP3 player?

Thanks
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Feb 2, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Direction from Windows Media Player 11.

Open it and then with your cd/dvd drive selected. Click the Rip tab small arrow on the botttom of the Rip tab button > format > mp3.

It should move all the convert the selected files to your default folder which is My Documents/Music.

With RealPlayer this is a premium feature which you have to pay for. I wonder why people use this software.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Use CDex, it a free, open source program that's small and easy to use.

Read the ReadMe and other documentation for how to use it, it's pretty straight forward so you should be able to figure it out.

Mar 3, 2008, 11:59 AM
    I ended up getting some freebie of the internet but the first person the reply says you can do it on Windows Media Player 11 and that would be a hell of a lot easier. Thank You =]
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Mar 3, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartEdward
    I ended up getting some freebie of the the internet but the first person the reply says you can do it on Windows Media Player 11 and that would be a hell of a lot easier. Thank You =]
    I did notice the post earlier and sine the Windows Media player info was there I did not want to confuse you with any extra info. The Windows Media Player 11 is a good option. If you really want a good software FREE use iTunes. You might not have an iPod but it will easily rip your CDS into mp3. This what it was meant to do in the first place.

Apr 1, 2008, 09:34 AM
    I didn't use the Windows Media Player one because I couldn't find the 'rip' button and I don't have an Ipod but I have iTunes on my laptop so I may use it... thanks
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 10:03 AM
    I have Windoze 2000 -- So I Can't Use Windoze Media Player 11

There are many programs to RIP CD'S to MP3 -- Some have more bells and whistles!

CD Ripping Tools - WebmasterFree

Think the hardest part is taking MP3 file to Player -- The learning curve is the problem

I need a button that RIPS file and sends it to the MP3 player -- I guess syncs is PC talk

I just do it the hard way -- find file and send it to my MP3 player
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 1, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IheartEdward
    I didnt use the Windows Media Player one because I couldnt find the 'rip' button and I dont have an Ipod but i have iTunes on my laptop so i may use it... thanks
    Yes you can use iTunes to rip the music and when when you want to burn the mp3s to a disc just selcet the songs from your iTunes library and hit the burn to disc button.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the differences between mp3 and mp4? Which mp3 is the best in term of sound [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between mp3 and mp4? Which mp3 is the best in term of sound quality?

Mp3 to wav & Wav to mp3 converter [ 2 Answers ]

Can any body tells me where I can find the free full version of Mp3 to wav and wav to mp3 converter. Thanks..

My Mp3 [ 4 Answers ]

I bought my mp3 player about a month ago. Now its not working. When I try turnig it on it doesn't do anything. I also tried replacing the battery But that didn't work either. Please help me.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can you MP3 me? [ 5 Answers ]

O.K. guys, I just recently had the urge to upload all of my CD's onto the Windows Media Player and now want to figure out how to convert all of these songs to MP3 format. Do I need a certain CD to use that will play MP3's or what? Very clueless but dying to find out. Thanks, Joey C.

View more questions Search