Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheBridget Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Anyone remember the spanish/italian soap opera, "Maria, Maria" ?
    I remember watching it as a child. For those of you who doesn't know what I'm referring to, it's about this girl named Maria. I think she was a shoe shiner or something and she falls in love with this really rich guy and he kind of falls in love with her too, and wants to marry her, but of course, his mother doesn't approve. And the whole series is about her getting back stabbed by the guy's mother, and trying to fit in... and I think at the end, she finds out that she's actually really rich or something, I don't remember! I think I was, like, 4 or 5 when I watched it with my mom... in subtitles. It must have been dubbed, because there is no way I could have read subtitles then.

ANYWAY, I've been looking for it everywhere!! On YouTube and other video-sharing sites. I can't even find any reference to it. I'm beginning to think that there is another title that this is referred as. But... I am so sure that it's called "Maria, Maria."

Can anyone help me? I want to watch it over again, I remember it was so good! I'm thinking that it's too old to be on YouTube, but there MUST be a copy of the series floating around somewhere to buy!!

Does anyone know which TV show I'm talking about?! Was I the only one watching this?? Aaaahhh! Help!

Thnks.
    Missy_Missy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 05:24 PM
    I was looking for the same episode under 'maria maria' because when I was watching it as a child, I thot that's what it was called, but it turns out that it goes under the name 'maria la del barrio'... if you put that into YouTube, it shall show you some of the scenes... etc.
    It was a really nice episode, haven't yet found the episodes in english sub, hopefuly there will be some :)
    idron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 05:34 AM
    Missy, this is not the name of the soap opera.

Thebridget, I think I know what you are talking about it, I also remember watching it as a child, it was great, in Russian its called Prosto Maria, I have no idea how its called in Spanish, may be maria from the streets? No clue
    idron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 05:35 AM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsux_5jnh0

enjoy
    m1fun1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Maria mercedes... This is the one I remember as a kid. With a young girl singing. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_Mercedes_(telenovela)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Possible German 80s cartoon. Maria a singing young girl is main character. [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a tiltle. A 80s cartoon I saw in Germany, it was in English but could have been dubbed. Maria, a young girl 12- 13 years, gets lost in the forest? Finds new animal friends that sing with her. She also knows how to bake bread. Any takers on a title?

"I'm sorry but I just" can't seem to remember more lyrics [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for help with an 80's song that was definitely featured in one of those classic movies like valley girl or pretty in pink or one of those. It's a guy singing and he says something like "I'm sorry but I just can't seem to" or something alone those lines and then later he says something...

View more questions Search