Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenpt39 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 07:02 PM
    ceiling fan/light wiring
    hi, how do I wire ceiling fan/light -?fan has blk,white, blue and grd.=ceiling box has -red ,blk,white and grd.--wall box has 2 wire cable coming in- blk,white and grd.(power)and 3 wire going to fan-red, blk,whiteand grd. My sw-(lutron)fan/light combo-has red,yellow ,blk,green grd, Iam really confused please help --thanks kenpt39
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 08:02 PM
    At ceiling: red to blue, black to black, white to white, and green to green.
    At switch box: I believe that switch is Black common, red is fan, and yellow is light, Verify.
    If so, then at switch box, Yellow of control to red(light) wire, red of control to black(fan wire) and Black goes to line(Power in).Should have some diagram for switch to verify.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 05:12 PM
    For future reference:

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan and light wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Where does each wire go? I have 2 pull chains, 1 for the light and 1 for the fan. The fan is a multi-speed. There are 7 wires coming out of the fan box.

Ceiling Fan 4 light fixture wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a 4 light fixture I need to know how to wire the light switch. I have one white wire, one black wire, and one green wire available. The green wire is labeled lights. Thanks in advance.

Ceiling Fan and Light Switch Wiring [ 10 Answers ]

I purchased a switch that will control my ceiling fan and its light. The switch has the following wires: 1 black, 1 red, 1 yellow, plus the green ground. The wall outlet has the following wires: 2 white, 2 black, plus the green ground. (Neither of the blacks are tagged) How do I connect these...

Wiring a Ceiling Fan (w/light) [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into a new house and I'm installing ceiling fans. I've installed 4 other ceiling fans with no issues and on my last one I'm scratching my head. For each fan I'm installing a switch with a separate fan and light controller on the wall (side by side sliders). There are 3 wires on...

Trouble wiring ceiling fan to light! [ 2 Answers ]

Novice here.. But I've done this before but can't get it rite this time.. URG... Have to replace the chain on ceiling fan.. fan works fine but no lite.. removed old chain but can't seem to get wires wired rite and can't get the lites to work.. The white wires are all set but don't know which of...

View more questions Search