Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sable255 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 10:56 PM
    The way men think
    My lover just turned 45. He just found out that I am 51, although I look younger than him. He freaked! He wants young chickie. Is this too big an age gap?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 10:58 PM
    No its not too big of a gap, that tells you what he really cares about. If you are true lovers it will not matter the age. Hopefully he apologizes to you for acting stupid.

Joe
    sable255 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 11:01 PM
    Thanks Joe. I needed to hear that.
    Parvan Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2006, 02:41 AM
    6 Years is not a bad gap at all at your age, even at my tender age of 27 I don't think there would be any problems with me dating a woman 6 years older than me. Now 6 years younger, I've made that mistake and won't again.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 03:18 AM
    My Mum is 47 and Step Dad is 30 - I know that they have split up - but they were together for 10yrs. My step-dad was 21yrs when he married my mum (my age) my mum was 38yrs old.

If you partner really loves you - the age gap will not bother him! I always say it's not about age, it's about the two people involved.

I am turning 22yrs in April, and my boyfriend is turning 21yrs. I know it's only a year - but it does make a difference as the majority of his friends are between 18 & 21yrs and my friends are between 21yrs and 26yrs. But it does not worry me in the slightest because I love him so much and would not change him for the world.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
    As another said, age doesn't matter.
    If your "lover" has a problem with it, then it's his problem, not yours.
    Many, many years ago, many thought a man had to be older than a lady, to have a relationship of most any kind. That kind of thinking has changed, and it really doesn't matter.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2006, 07:57 AM
    I'm curious. Did the age issue never come up in the past? If so, did you say you were younger than you are?

As others have said, if the relationship is a good one - or the right one - then age should not matter.

Do you think he might feel that something you've said in the past has misled him as to your age?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 08:28 AM
    Age should not be part of it, if one truly loves someone age should not matter. I have been married to my wife for 16 years, she is 13 years younger. Love can do anything!:)
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 16, 2006, 09:04 AM
    OOOH honey. That man would be gone. This is exactly what scares me about getting older. I am not at all far off from 30 and Ive been told and heard time and time again that men want younger and it makes me lose all hope. ITs like even the men my age want this too. Well I say we just take all the youger men away and make the older men jealous when they see how happy the younger ones are.:D
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 16, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Five or six years is nothing. Im 27 and I'm with a guy nine years older than me. I never preferred it that way, cause I like guys my own age that's just how it happened. My mom and step father are fifteen years apart my mom is more happier with him than she ever was with my father. Age isn't nothing but a number. Tell this guy to get a grip or get lost.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    Five or six years is nothing. Im 27 and im with a guy nine years older than me. I never preferred it that way, cause i like guys my own age thats just how it happened. My mom and step father are fifteen years apart my mom is more happier with him than she ever was with my father. Age aint nothing but a number. Tell this guy to get a grip or get lost.
    Bang on Bizygurl! Age is just a number. No one stands there and say: I am not going to fall in love with you because you are too old or because you are too young, if they do, then they did not love you to begin with.

If it's such an issue for him, tell him to take a hike!!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Age shouldn't matter.

Not all men want younger women. My gal is 3 years old than me.

I just hope you didn't lie to him - that would be a deal breaker. 6 years is nothing. I know a 43 year old lady friend who dates a 28 year old guy.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Age shouldn't matter.

Not all men want younger women. My gal is 3 years old than me.

I just hope you didn't lie to him - that would be a deal breaker. 6 years is nothing. I know a 43 year old lady friend who dates a 28 year old guy.
    Could not agree with you more wILDCAT ;)
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 09:05 AM
    What they what.
    Found this quote, Ha Ha! Sometime so true!

" God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."

-Robin Williams
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet
    Found this quote, Ha Ha! Sometime so true!

" God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."

-Robin Williams
    Great quote! I absolutley love it ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2006, 09:22 AM
    No
    Sounds more like a mid life crisis for him, wanting 20 year olds,

And realisticly, since women normally outlive males, as you would grow old together, it is a good age split.

This is seriously his issue, and he needs to deal with it, that a few age differences does not matter.

If he was that much older than the girl, he would walk around bragging patting hisself on the back most likely. Looks like at 45 he has not grown up yet.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Sounds more like a mid life crisis for him, wanting 20 year olds,

And realisticly, since women normally outlive males, as you would grow old together, it is a good age split.

This is seriously his issue, and he needs to deal with it, that a few age differences does not matter.

If he was that much older than the girl, he would walk around bragging patting hisself on the back most likely. Looks like at 45 he has not grown up yet.
    Well he is really shallow if he is going to let age get in the way of happiness. Is he really worth it if that is the case??
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 09:30 AM
    Age means what?? There are several years between me and ben and it makes no difference at all, As long as you are happy together that's all that maters.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 07:21 PM
    At your stage in life 6 years is just a drop in the bucket. He's not exactly going to acquire tons of wisdom and experience from age 45 to 51 that he hasn't already so I can't imagine for the life of me what his problem is.
    letmeno Posts: 215, Reputation: 23

Jan 19, 2006, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crankiebabie
    OOOH honey. That man would be gone. This is exactly what scares me about getting older. I am not at all far off from 30 and Ive been told and heard time and time again that men want younger and it makes me lose all hope. ITs like even the men my age want this too. well I say we just take all the youger men away and make the older men jealous when they see how happy the younger ones are.:D

Oh my God! You are too hilarious!! LOL I think that any older man who is adamant about having a younger woman is insecure with his own self. I mean if a person is really insecure with his or herself would they really want a more wiser, and more sexually experienced person around them to keep reminding them of just how inadequate that they really are?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search