Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frustrated_Sk8er Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Ollieing Over Obstacles
    Hi. Me again. Thanks alot guys for helping my with my ollie. I'm getting there. But now, since I got the Ollie down, I need help on the next step: Ollieing over an object. I need to know, when to jump, if I need to lean forward, more, and pretty much just timing. Thanks! :D Oh yeah, if you help me out with this, then I will be sure to help you as best as I can for one of your questions. Bye!
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
    I just found this part of the forum so bear with me I don't know what you were told on Ollieing before. If you learned moving slowly or standing still, then the same principles apply to ollieing over something.

Speed is a key thing depending on the height and length of the object, or gap. You shouldn't need to lean forward, if you did that you have the chance of pushing the nose down too much when you land un coming to a complete stop (not fun lol)

Your momentum should keep the board moving right under you, timing is essential, the faster your going the earlier you'll need to start your ollie. Id say with a good 2-3 pushes you should be about a board length, or maybe a little less away before you start your ollie.

What I did to practice when I started was roll back and forth across the street ollieing onto a curb and rolling into the grass. Curbs are about 4-5 inchs so once you get that down you can start trying boards primo (dont try first so you don't break the board your jumping)

As soon as you pop the board and your sliding your foot up the board make sure to lift and bend your legs to give your board plenty of room to rise. (of course how much you bend depends on the height of what your jumping.)

Anyway if you can ollie it just takes some practice, getting a feel for the timing and you should be clearing obstacles easy within a week or two.

If you got any questions ill make sure to keep an eye out, or you can pm me.
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 21, 2008, 04:12 PM
    If you want to ollie over obstacles I suggest ollying down curbs, not up them yet, I am now ollying down curbs, I'm never going to ollie up them, working on my kickflip now, but one common mistake while ollying over curbs is your foot doesn't stay over the board, when you land it hits the ground and not the board, this little error is called chickenfoot, you might not even notice your doing it, its because you don't feel safe, just try to keep both feet over the board at all times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ollieing [ 4 Answers ]

I'm learning how to ollie and I can get it 1 inch of the ground and I keep on trying to go higher but it won't work

View more questions Search