Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pitt74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 07:26 AM
    With 4 PC's in my house going through one router, can my work see my surfing habits
    Can my company see my surfing habits on my non-work PC's when my work PC is logged onto my companies VPN? I have a standard Comcast cable connection with a linksys router.
    Snow_death Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Yes they can. Because all your traffic is then going threw their systems, which intern will be picked up by their IDS/ Packet sniffer. So better safe than sorry don't do anything while connected to their network.

Feb 2, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pitt74
    Can my company see my surfing habits on my non-work PC's when my work PC is logged onto my companies VPN? I have a standard Comcast cable connection with a linksys router.
    So just to be clear. As I have my router and network connections already set up and working. I come home from work, log my wireless laptop onto my home network, then connect to work using a keyfob. They can now see what the already existing PC's on my network are surfing?

Feb 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
    So just to be clear. As I have my router and network connections already set up and working. I come home from work, log my wireless laptop onto my home network, then connect to work using a keyfob. They can now see what the already exisiting PC's on my network are surfing?
    OK, A lot of companies watch everything that goes in and out of their VPN servers. Now if they have just an IDS / Packet sniffer on the network that won't pickup your traffic because it is encrypted. They would have to have their VPN server monitoring. You have to look at it like this. When you're using your fob you establish a VPN (Vitual Private Network) to them. This means it's like you're sitting at your desk. Intern this means you're brought your PC up there and connected to a "wall jack".

I really hope this helped. Please rate my answer if it did, if not please let me know and I will try to explain more in depth.

Feb 2, 2008, 01:34 PM
    OK, I think we are getting close, and perhaps I am not asking the question the right way. I ralize my work PC while connected through a VPN would be visiable to them. But how about the other PC's that I have not made a VPN conenction with. They are on my home network, and are still going through my internetconnect, I did not think they would go through my works VPN just because I connected my work laptop to it.

Feb 2, 2008, 01:45 PM
    OK, I think we are getting close, and perhaps I am not asking the question the right way. I ralize my work pc while connected through a VPN would be visiable to them. But how about the other PC's that I have not made a VPN conenction with. They are on my home network, and are still going through my internetconnect, I did not think they would go through my works VPN just becuase I connected my work laptop to it.
    Ok, No, all the other PC's in the house will not be seen or monitored by your work. The only thing they can see is the PC that's connected using the VPN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting 2 PC's using a router [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have two laptops (both with windows xp) at home and they are connected wirelessly to the internet through a WRT54GL v1.1 linksys router (both laptops have a built-in wireless card). How could I connect my two laptops together wirelessly through the router and be able to access the files on...

Sharing my neighbors wifi;surfing habits [ 4 Answers ]

If my neighbor allows me to use his wifi for free, can he view my surfing habits? He happens to be a computer programmer. If so, is there any way to prevent him from seeing my surfing habits? Thanks

Work out habits [ 2 Answers ]

I really miss working out, training my body to be strong I like doing curls and bench pressing I really like working my biceps and triceps the only thing is I don't have time to work out anymore I want to four hour a day school mon- Friday 12:30 to 4:30 and 9:30 to 6 A;m on the days I have to work...

Surfing [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on how to stand up on a shortboard I think its 6'3 and quite thin can't remember how thin though, I have managed to stand up on a mini mal 8' before but never a short board. Thanks Lil_AzZa

View more questions Search