Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raindrops300 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Where do grown-ups go on a date?
    OK, I'm just getting back into the dating thing and I'm 53! I have a date Sat and he said what do you want to do? Ok - we can go out to eat of course, then what? Movie or bar or where? I'll most likely go to sleep in a movie and we can't talk and get to know each other. I'll go to a bar, but all the ones around here are loud and rowdy; and I'm not comfortable with that. He's a friend of a friend, so I'll be meeting him for the first time. There are no coffee houses or book stores in the area. Any suggestions? I told him we could decide tomorrow. Anybody out there with ideas??
    jjcj06 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2008, 01:45 AM
    What time of day will your date be?

I would recommend a mid-afternoon lunch, at a nicer restaurant that is open all day. In the afternoon as opposed to the normal lunch time the restaurant will be more calm and relaxed. If it is a casual sit-down restaurant then you will have plenty opportunity to talk and get to know each other. Being open all evening will be nice if you find yourselves absorbed in conversation because the staff won't be trying to get you out. The problem with the same scenario at dinner time is that during the weekend the restaurants are more likely to be busy, with people who might be more rambunctious than you would care to deal with. Maybe choose a down-town location that is within walking distance to a theater or some other attraction. Walking together is very relaxing and if things are going well then you can take all the time you want.

Hopefully this will be useful to you, good luck with everything, I'm sure all will go well.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Bowling, shopping, karate class, dance class, nature hike, Alamo, Hearst Castle, Yosemite, horseback riding, laugh, politicking, feed the needy in a shelter, yardwork, chaperoned weekend trip (with another couple)... lots to do!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
    What about a wine tasting? Or, a nice romantic dinner? Theatre shows, concerts, even a walk in the park.

I don't really think age has anything to do with the dating process... you find what you two like to do together and do it. It could be playing board games or guitar hero! You never know!

Good luck finding your perfect date! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online community for grown ups. [ 5 Answers ]

Is there an online community less juvenile than myspace but less business like than linkedin in which adults "only" blog, share photos, upload music and send messages to friends?

Push ups and Chin Ups [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I have been training for about 2 months now on my push ups mainly involving a lot of girlie push ups (on knees) and weight training. I originally started not being able to do any, AND I still can't 2 months down the track. My friend however progressed quite quickly and got there no...

When is he fully grown? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boston terrier puppy. He is a little over 4 months old now. I am just trying to figure out when he will stop growing. I have heard with puppies you can take their weight at 3 months and double it. But I am just wondering when he will be fully grown. TIA!!

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search