Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetbutnotsour9 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosdog
    correct answer. your not breaking the law, and you have the position of preference. dont take him to court, make him take you if that is what he wishes to do.

good luck in the future.

Sos

That's the way I'm thinking. If he doesn't like it then he can drag me into court. I'm not going to do it for him!

Thanks!
    jordan22655 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2006, 04:16 PM
    If you don't want to go through the court system see if your ex would agree to go to a court mediator. The 2 of you could sit down and say what each of you want and the mediator gives you both different sides to think about. Nothing is legal unless you both agree to it. If you can both agree to something then the mediator types up a new court order and lets a judge sign off on it and you never have to go to the court at all. Otherwise, court is your only option. I live in VA and they use resonable visitation here a lot. What it means here is the non custodial parent has to give 24hours notice that he wants to see the child. I never liked that because what if you had plans with the child, you then had to cancel them at the last minute. My ex and I went to a mediator and hatched out a set schedule along with holidays, summer visitation etc and now we don't have to fight about it anymore.
    Sweetbutnotsour9 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 09:51 AM
    He's a difficult man you see, I've gone to the mediation and got the referral. He's the one who refused it. So the visitation can stay right the way it is right now. I'm not dragging him into court. If he doesn't like it then he can drag me into court.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

Was I out of Order [ 33 Answers ]

My b/f is a photographer. We've been together for a longt time and have discussed marriage. I went to his house a couple of months ago and we were in the room were he prints his pictures. I saw a picture of a woman in a swimming pool at the poconos. He didn't act like he was trying to hide...

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was suppose to pick up his child for the second go round of visitation. He called the moms home 5 hours in advance to make sure she didn't say she forgot or bring up any other lame excuse. Well when he called her dad answered the phone and said he would call her at work. Well the pick up...

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

My friend just got visitation ordered through the courts for his son he haven't seen in a year. My question is if the mother of the child doesn't show up at the place ordered by the courts what can he do? They also have mutual restraining orders on each other(No harassing, can't come to each...

Modifying a HPS ballast, spooky! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi chaps, I have a 400W Metal Halide bulb and ballast. The bulb socket is permanantly attached to the end of the ballast and the unit is designed to hang vertically from the opposite end of the ballast. I would like to separate the ballast from the bulb by two meters. I have opened the ballast...

View more questions Search