Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 2, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I agree this is not a fair relationship, she can't afford it, so why is she staying???

Probably because she has lint in her pockets. And lint is really hard to form into cash... I've tried. And maybe love?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Did I say crazy feminist?? Your words not mine

You dare to call me immatuer? That makes me laugh on many lvls

You sad little girl

)))))God, the men are so bitter against women, I guess they should try to be gay)))))

Oh yes I bow to your wize wisdom and age.. ohh id neve black list someone for saying that noo sure great! view there girl yup wow.

And the talking about swimming and dying. Another JEWL in light that shines off your wisdom!

You say stuff like this Nadia and you get people on you. I do think we should stop talking to you because its not worth it

But anyway I have said what I wanted to.

And I'm not getting into a circular argument with you.

End.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 2, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nadia999
    Well, I guess my example is very clear and why do you ask me about my age, I should ask you about your age for your limited understanding of ones' point which is very clear.
    What I said was very clear, 98% of the men in the post seem bitter about the women, you sided with the man which is very clear he does not give a fig about how she feels or what's fair, so when I said if you were gay, who are going to side with?
    And what do you mean it is her choice? you have no stance whatsoever, are you going to let the people you care about fall in mistakes without saying anything? still negative people like won't change any thing around them if it wrong. so your saying if someone is willing to die for you, you will let them die, and you will say , oh this person is an adult and this is what they want to do, what about you and where is your conscience?
    and Bizygurl, money is # one cause of divorce.

"I do agree with you on the fact that money is one of the reasons why marriages end in divorce but not all of them and certainly not because its soley based on a man being cheap"-bizygurl

nadia999, you really need to fully read or reread someone's post before you comment on it. I was NOT disagreeing with you that money being not a reason that marriages end in a divorce. Yes it may be the #1 reason or at the very least one of the very top reasons of divorce. Im not going to agree that It's the very top reason for it because I don't see any proof, nevertheless I did not disputed that it wasn't a great possibility. Where I did disagree with you was where you seem to put a general blame on men that it's their fault that there are financial issues in a marriage and therefore... they are the blame for it ending in a divorce. So before you start getting a little uppetty about what I said in the last post, take a look and then you will realize that the point on the "money problems being a top reason of divorce" that you were trying to make, I actually agreed with.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Admin... this mess needs to be closed. No point in it.

Women, we love you guys... however, we will always disagree with you guys on certain topics.

nadia999... I know what you're saying. If someone's hurting, then you should do something about it if you love them. HOWEVER, if they don't heed your advice, then you have to let that go. They need to be willing to help themselves. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic... at all. He's not hurting her... and she's not hurting herself. You took something that's relatively innocuous and turned it into a dying issue... really, no relevance. Also, the gay comment... it's a bit inappropriate. You're putting a stereotype that gay guys always side with a woman's point of view. Not necessarily the case. Each individual has their own point of view. Just because we "seem" bitter to women doesn't mean we should be gay. How about the idea that "you seem bitter to men...maybe you should be a lesbian?" That's inappropriate.

Altenweg... yes. We'll always disagree on certain topics. Agree to disagree?

To everyone else... let's stop the bickering and just hold hands and kumbayah.
    nadia999 Posts: 69, Reputation: -2
    -

Feb 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Thank you Alteweg for defending me.
    I said before (Truefaith) I said the men are being callous on this specific topic. And you can say I am being crazy feminist on this specific topic, and you saying( YOU SAID IT) god, how childish to have a debate like that! Just when you are out of logic and points to prove what you're saying don't personal attack, it's neither cool nor smart.
    I am not arguing for the sake of arguing, money issue is a big deal and by understanding not just taking sides and being fair I guess lots of relationships could have survived.
    A lot of people are reading this post and the goal, I know this my goal which is to make people fair. I have seen lots of marriages failed because of this specific issue and usually the man is not considerate, I have being in it and almost any relationship I witnessed .
    I love what Dr. Phil said to a man on his show, this man was working and the wife is a stay at home mom and he was buying himself whatever he pleases and she has nothing and doctor Phil told him "it is not your money, it is a partnership between you two, whatever you make is yours and hers, she working in and your working outside", may be is not quite close to OP, but the message is if you love a person you consider their feelings and if you don't it will just create silent resentment and eventually splitting and then you will say "she left me for another man".
    Usually men make more than women, if a woman is making more she would be callous to leave him with almost nothing. I understand that men usually very mathematical and it is very hard to tell someone your in a relationship with you are just mathematical, they will accuse immediately of being a gold digger, it is very frustrating.
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 2, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Most relationships have fights over Sex or Money. I really hope the sex is worth all this drama! You will soon realize it is not.
    As a woman who has always paid her own way. I want to say there is a communication problem between you two. If you feel this man is worth all that go to a money management class. There is a fantastic one for singles and couples by Dave Ramsey.
    I agree with several posts here. But it all comes down to you Communicate if you can't in person write it out. Men do show their commitement with the parting of the denero.
    I think you shpould read the book ""He is just not that into you"
    Good Luck

Feb 2, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    admin...this mess needs to be closed. no point in it.

women, we love you guys...however, we will always disagree with you guys on certain topics.

nadia999...I know what you're saying. If someone's hurting, then you should do something about it if you love them. HOWEVER, if they don't heed your advice, then you have to let that go. They need to be willing to help themselves. However, that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic...at all. He's not hurting her...and she's not hurting herself. You took something that's relatively innocuous and turned it into a dying issue...really, no relevance. Also, the gay comment...it's a bit inappropriate. You're putting a stereotype that gay guys always side with a woman's point of view. Not necessarily the case. Each individual has their own point of view. Just because we "seem" bitter to women doesn't mean we should be gay. How about the idea that "you seem bitter to men...maybe you should be a lesbian?" That's inappropriate.

Altenweg...yes. we'll always disagree on certain topics. agree to disagree?

to everyone else...let's stop the bickering and just hold hands and kumbayah.

I agree with that. We are all beating this to death a bit.. and really all its doing is causing more bickering... time to "kumbayah".. as ISNEEZEFUNNY, greatly put it. Ill make the friendship bracelets.:)

I would have rated your answer, ISNEEZEFUNNY, but I had to spread some rep around first. ;0)
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 2, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Its the weekend people, she will be back on Monday!! LOL Were so sick.... I need to unsubscribe, but I can't bring myself to push the button.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Start passin' 'em out

Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;

Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Attached Images

Feb 2, 2008, 06:54 PM
    HAHAHA... now we really need to stop this thread, we've already started singing! Now you really can tell were all a little burnt out by this. :)
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 2, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Well, Truefaith , when you have a stance on a specific issue you look at the extreme to see if your opinion is right or wrong, and for you to talk about me like that is just immature, stop the personal attack it just shows immaturity, and what do you mean I am scaring you? and "people don't talk this person" god, how weak and cheap attack.
    I will give a little advice to make you seem sophisticated and smart when you are in discussion, never personal attack the individual you are debating with, if you disagree, disagree. if you don't like it, keep your cool, people disagree all the time because personal attacks shows weakness and it has nothing to do with the topic.
    You can say I am crazy feminist or any thing has to do with the topic but that? is just childish

Not to beat a dead horse, but here is a little advice to help you seem sophisticated and smart when you are in a discussion; "If the discussion board is in English...LEARN HOW TO SPEAK IT BEFORE YOU GO SPOUTING OFF." I am pretty sure what everyone is getting at with their comments towards you is that they can't make heads or tails of the gibberish word vomit you are putting in your posts. Top to bottom, left to right, group words together as sentences. :-) Work on it and I am sure you will have better luck next time.
    -

Feb 2, 2008, 11:03 PM
    God, why are you so mad? I speak English fine first, and second, do you know what www means? It world wide web s, it is not only for English spoken people and am sure you understand my points but you chose to be like Truefaith go on to attack personally, be sensible. We were talking about an issue and because I am disagreeing with you, you say that? God, how childish and poor way to respond, you can say whatever you want about me, you are just proving how childish you are.
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Feb 2, 2008, 11:11 PM
    God, why are you so mad? I speak English fine first, and second, do you know what www means? it world wide web s, it is not only for English spoken people and am sure you understand my points but you chose to be like Truefaith go on to attack personally, smarten up.

Nadia... I was trying to help you out by explaining why everyone had a tough time with your responses and you are in the RED right now. If you TYPE English so well, then maybe you should proof read? Most of your posts on this topic have NOT ONE complete sentence or thought. I am not ATTACKING you I was trying to help you understand SO YOU DIDN'T HAVE A REPEAT OF THIS ON ANOTHER POST! I am not angry at all, if you read my posts almost everyone is light hearted. I can comprehend that this is the WORLD WIDE WEB. I wasn't arguing that point. I don't go onto Spanish wedsites though and try to convery my thoughts on serious matters just because I can speak the language. You just need to roll your words and thoughts into complete thoughts that don't make you look like a mindless ninny. When you don't type complete thoughts it is very tough to decipher your "tone" in the post and often times leads to misunderstandings.

Sorry for trying to help you. Bitter, bitter, bitter, person!

Don't be so defensive!
    -

Feb 3, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Bitter about what? If you did n't understand what I said you wouldn't have responded at all, a lot of people on the post understood what I said.
    I don't have to use big words to talk about topics, and don't try to change your tone, first was attack (beating a dead horse, mindless ninny) you're funny, and now sarcastic.
    Well, you can be sarcastic all you want, I don't care it just shows the level of your mentality and how very simpleton you are, when someone disagree with you, you attack personally, and I won't even dignify to respond to your following attack or sarcasm.
    Have a nice weekend
    yosev Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2008, 12:25 AM
    I'm on the other end of the same situation. I think contribution to dates, bills, etc. should come from both ends of the relationship.
    -

Feb 3, 2008, 01:16 AM
    Sorry Wewed for my spelling mistake, you know what I meant, right? Which I am sure you did, I meant "won't".
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I agree this is not a fair relationship, she can't afford it, so why is she staying???
    I know I'll have to spread it so I won't even try to give a greenie but this short statement really says it all!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Yeah, her $50.00 leftovers at the end of every month are proof that she is a real true con artist. And there I was thinking she was a little unsure of her scenario and coming here for some insight before she made a decision as to what she was going to do about her situation. That little devil!!! How could I have been so blind? NOTE-- This was to be read as pure sarcasm
    Well, before we spout too much sarcasm, let me put it this way ; her $50 leftover at the end of the month is more than what I have left over for myself at the end of the month. And I make almost as much as the boyfriend who is the subject of the original post. Of course, I'm supporting a wife and children. If I was single and making what I'm making I'd be living high off the hog too! As it is, I'm content if I have enough gas in my car to get me to and from work for the week and a few beers in the refrigerator. That's about all I can realistically hope for after the bills are paid. I'm sorry, but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the original poster. As has been suggested in other posts, I think she's young and naïve and is just now learning about life in the real world and doesn't seem to like it too much. Again, that's just my take on it. I also reiterate the point that she doesn't have to be in this position if she doesn't want to. With an income of $30,000 (which is more than I ever made when I was single), she could live with her parents, pay them $200/month room and board and have plenty of money left over to do whatever she wants with it. If she doesn't want to live at home she could rent a one-bedroom efficiency for around $600/month and still have a lot more than $50/month to spend however she pleases. And she wouldn't even have to answer to anyone as to how she spends her money.

Feb 3, 2008, 09:44 AM
    God, why are you so mad? I speak English fine first, and second, do you know what www means? it world wide web s, it is not only for English spoken people and am sure you understand my points but you chose to be like Truefaith go on to attack personally, be sensible. We were talking about an issue and because I am disagreeing with you, you say that? God, how childish and poor way to respond, you can say whatever you want about me, you are just proving how childish you are.
    nadia999, I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But you are also guilty of "personal attacks." Or at least "a" personal attack. Its easy to do when you disagree with someone and feel strongly on a matter. So Im not faulting you for that.

BUT to say the men on this thread ,that happen not to agree with you, "they should try to be gay" and to call them "cheap" is a personal attack. Is it your opinion, absolutely! And again I'm not saying you can't say or feel how you want to.

We are all guilty of slinging stones at each other, but Don't sling stones and then act hurt or surpized when someone slings them back. Again, just my feeling on it and only my opinion.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 09:51 AM
    I agree with Biz Totally

I can't stop reading this. Its so much fun
    Nadia your amazing you call people dumb gay and moronic. Then we say you know that's not cool

Then you say we all small minded and cheap
    As I said to you in the pm I haven't laughed so much in a long time thank you :D

I guess your respons is going to be how lame I am or silly or gay.
    Something smart no doubt
    Ohh there's another personal attack run for the hills!

You seem to forget what you write. Then you go Ohh how can you say this to me. I'm so nice and good. When it was YOU who started all this

Lots of people on this board have gotten into fights with other people. I have with a lot ;) but even I know when to stop talking and give it a rest
    You seem to go on and on and on.
    I must admit I'm not letting this go so easy

Please reply more I really love reading what you have to say :D

But OK. This is my last post on this topic. I swear! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is cheap [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years and I have a pretty good relationship except for two MAJOR problems . The first is that he has become very unreliable as of late. He used to be really good about calling when he said he would and answering his phone when he knew I was going to call him. Lately, however, he...

Is my boyfriend cheap, or am I just crazy? [ 26 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now, and the issue of money in our relationship has not really improved. Ever since the first date, we have split everything 50/50 (we met for a few drinks on our first date, and yes, I bought him as many as he bought me). Although we don't...

How should I deal with my cheap boyfriend? [ 27 Answers ]

Christmas has just passed and I am really hurt and disappointed in my boyfriend. We've been dating for 2 years. He lost 30 lbs and said he wanted new clothes for Christmas. I gave him sweaters, casual shirts, t-shirts, shoes and socks. One of the pairs of shoes were given to him by my sons. My...

Cheap boyfriend won't leave [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. My sister in law's boyfriend has been living with her for about a year and a half. He's had a few part time jobs, none of which have given him any money, so he finally got a job to help out with bills about a month ago. He received his check today, $552, and after all this time not paying...

Cheap plumbing [ 6 Answers ]

June 18, 2007 Our neighbor told us that when they built our homes here in MD, 1989, they voted on using cheap plumbing instead of expensive plumbing We already had to replace our water main line when it was leaking, the 2nd yr we were here. My neighbor said hers went too several yrs ago, and...

View more questions Search