Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Long car trip
    Hi I'm going on a 7 hour car trip, I'm 11 and a girl:) I need some ideas for things to do in the car.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 03:33 PM
    My family used to take trips from NC to my grandparents' home in Idaho. There were no expressways and it took six days.

Look out of the window and see what you are passing by. Follow along on a good road map.

Read a book, comics, play magnetic games (so the pieces don't fall off and get lost).

Watch license plates. Try to find plates from all 50 states.

Nap.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Get an audio book from the local library and listen to that on the trip. I never have enough time to fully listen to the whole book at once. Actually check out several books in case one of them turns out to be a dud and you at least have several back ups to chose from. They have books on tapes and CD's.

Do not read a book as this can cause you to become car sick real quick! If you are not used to reading in a car for long periods.
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 31, 2008, 03:35 PM
    SLEEP! Grab your iPod put in the phones and SLEEP! Be happy you are only 11 and don't have to share the driving duties! I just got back from riding/driving for 24 of 25 hours! SLEEP!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
    All great ideas. You could even make up a story about your trip - describing the scenery and make an adventure story out of it. You can be the
    Hero(ine) and it does not have to be you riding in a car - you be horseback, in a covered wagon, any mode of transportation you desire.

When you see different license plates try and come up with a fact about that state - such as Idaho, famous for it's potatoes.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    When you see different license plates try and come up with a fact about that state - such as Idaho, famous for it's potatoes.
    I have to spread the love, shy.

Take along a copy of the World Almanac and read about the different things you pass and towns/states you ride through. The Almanac has a good index.
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the ideas guys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car trip for 9 week puppy [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is taking my 9wk mixed breed terrier on a 4 hour car ride on Friday. We have taken him on small trips in the car since getting him two weeks ago and he does fine. My husband plans to leave with him for the trip after work on Friday which is typically when the puppy eats. I don't want...

Vacation trip [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been dating my b/f now for 2 and 1/2 years few weeks ago his friend decided to plan and trip to Puetor Rico so they left they went for a week. He is currently there now. I was just curious I never been there is it a place were there are a lot of singles or is it a party place?...

Breaker doesn't trip [ 3 Answers ]

There is a property that has a 30-amp breaker in the electrical distribution panel labeled for the AC unit. The outside HVAC unit had a maximum over-current protection rating of 25-amps. I'm looking to see how serious this is and also to understand why the breaker doesn't trip with that amp...

Would GFCI trip? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm into salt water fish tanks and I'm trying to get a better understanding of when a GFCI would (or wouldn't) trip under different situations. Suppose I had 1 submersible pump in the tank and for some reason it cracked. (For example, if I were hammering a nail into the wall above the tank and...

View more questions Search