Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bensfirefly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Passports for traveling
    Do I need a passport when traveling in the United States?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 01:11 PM
    If you are coming in from outside the country, yes. Once here, you won't need it to move between the states.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 01:12 PM
    If you are an American citizen with proper I.D. such as a driver's license, NO you don't need a passport but need proper ID in case you are stopped by the police.. If you are flying within the confines of the lower 48 states, then no, you don't need one either, but you will need proper ID in case you are stopped by the security people at the airport or the police.

If you are a foreigner traveling in the US, you will definitely need some form of ID and your passport is an excellent form of ID.

You posted this under air travel so I suspect you are going to be traveling by plane. You don't need a passport to travel within the US as there are no "borders" between each state. Since 9-11 airports are getting stricter about just who they let on planes, so I would suggest having your passport if you are a foreigner to avoid any delays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traveling [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im Michael Conti. Im currently enrolled in the University of Las Vegas, Nevada. Lately I have been distracted from my work in school. Im really beginning to Wonder what is out there? Im interested in experiencing new cultures, eating new food and Seeing new places and people. Im...

Traveling with a felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking of going to qatar and wanted to find out about the requirements for a convicted felon for traveling abroad. Besides my VISA, is there anything else that I must do to travel to the middle east? THanks

Traveling Felon [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who is a convicted Felon. He was sentanced to probation for life. After 10 years of probation, he decided he would rather do his time and get it over with. He served 13 months and has been out for over 3 years now. He originally was busted for selling drugs. We want to...

Need some traveling tips! [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are traveling to Maui on Saturday. I will be 16 weeks 1 day, and I'm just a bit nervous about the flight. The travel time should take about 14 hours with a couple of short layovers between flights. I know I should get up and walk around at least once an hour, but I was wondering if...

Traveling information [ 1 Answers ]

I will be traveling to Florida with friends in June, do I need a us passport to travel I have one from my country of birth and I don't drive so I don't have a license. Will my passport be OK?

View more questions Search