Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madysmom6107 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Finding my Father
    I am trying to find my dad that I have not seen since I was 2 years old. I met him once when I was 16 to ask a whole bunch of questions and he is homeless I think. I just need help finding him so that I can help him get back on his feet. I live in New Hampshire and I think he does to somewhere. His name is Joseph John Connors and he is about 57 years old. I need to find him.. is there any way that I can?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Contact the homeless shelters in the state. They usually know the names of the "regulars". Homeless people often hang out at the local public library, but, unless you can narrow down your search, calling every library in the state wouldn't work, plus library staff often don't know homeless people's names. If nothing else, put together a mass mailing to libraries and include a description that includes characteristics such as red hair or smoker or heavy-set as well as your contact information in case a librarian recognizes him. Also contact the state to find out if he has applied for public aid or Medicaid.

Best wishes in finding him!
    darhe3425 Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2008, 01:16 AM
    Is your mom able to help you search, perhaps with more details? Maybe also search for his siblings, someone whom he may be in contact with? Is he a veteran? What interests does he have which may connect him to particular places? I also agree men's shelters in the city or statewide may help. Also is he abusing drugs or alcohol getting back on his feet may be more than you can do. Good luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by madysmom6107
    I am trying to find my dad that i have not seen since i was 2 years old. I met him once when i was 16 to ask a whole bunch of questions and he is homeless i think. i just need help finding him so that i can help him get back on his feet. I live in new hampshire and i think he does to somewhere. His name is Joseph John Connors and he is about 57 years old. I need to find him.. is there any way that i can?
    Depending on how much money you want to spend - and it shouldn't be terribly expensive - hire a Licensed Private Investigator, provide all the info you have (no matter how unimportant it seems to you) and then wait to see what is found.

LPI's have access to sources that other, particularly "lay people," cannot tap -

Many (if not most) Investigators will not charge you if they cannot locate the person - if it's a person who moves around often you should receive recent enough info that you can still find the person.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 28, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Are you able to contact anyone else in his family/your family? If he is homeless, he may not want to be found for reason's that only he may know. But someone may know where he is located or where he may live. Please keep in mind that no one can be helped unless they actually want the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding biological father [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find my birthfather without having to pay?

Finding Biological Father [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 year old and all my life I have known that somewhere out there is the other half of me. This is all the information I have: Brian (or Bryan) Keith Odom Age: 31-35 Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes Last seen in Ft Worth/Dallas TX area.:( Please help me. I could use it.

Finding your true Father [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway to find out who your father is, like a website or something?

Finding my father [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find my father... his name is Dock Eugene Price... but everywhere I look for some kind of number you have to either join a site or pay a ridiculous amount just for a phone number... do you know how I can find him. Or a phone number for free. Please email me if you can help me out.

Finding my birth father [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to find my dad, I haven't seen him in 16 years his name is Andrew ian walker he has blake hair he is over 5ft8 he has lodes of tatoos I was born in 1987. He was married to a maria trace claire Morgans and I have a sister called Kayleigh have you seen him

View more questions Search