Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alltime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Electrical mesurements
    What does 40VA mean when is descrobes a plug-in transformer.
    conan1964 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 12:56 PM
    This is the power rating of the transformer. At 20 Volts it is using 2 Amps or 40VA(20*2). It is using AC voltage, so the units are VA or volt-amps. In DC voltage, the rating would be in watts.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical [ 3 Answers ]

1. What determines the ampacity of a wire? 2. what is the maximum spacing between supports for rigid nonmetallic conduit trade size of a. 1 inch b. 2 inch ? 3.what is the difference between type AC and type ACT atmored cables?

Electrical [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a concern with some electrical issues. I was wondering, is it okay to have 2 bedrooms on one 15 amp circuit breaker, and the master bedroom on another 15 amp circuit breaker? I never saw 2 bedrooms on one circuit breaker? If someone who knows electrical can get back to...

Electrical Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring my basement. I am by no means a professional but I generally figure things out and like to adhere to code and inspections. I am running a line of recepticals around a corner. My questing is, Do I have to drill holes in the 2X4's in the corner or can I bring the cable up...

Electrical [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GFI that will not reset ,

Electrical [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use three #8 thhn wires in 1/2" pvc conduit about 25' to an electric stove

View more questions Search