Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigjohncos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Construction
    Which woods are both termite rot resistant
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 31, 2008, 10:59 AM
    I know people like cedar because it is more bug resistance, but as far as rotting goes green treeted works the best. I'm not sure about one wood acting in the two circumstanses that you've stated?
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 31, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack dandy
    i know people like cedar because it is more bug resistance, but as far as rotting goes green treeted works the best. I'm not sure about one wood acting in the two circumstanses that you've stated?
    Cedar from what I've learned is highly bug resisant, if I'm wrong why do people put clothes and things they don't want bugs or moths to get at in cedar closets and cedar chests?
    bigjohncos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jack dandy
    cedar from what I've learned is highly bug resisant, if i'm wrong why do people put clothes and things they don't want bugs or moths to get at in cedar closets and cedar chests?
    Jack it not the answer I was looking for I am taking a test and the question is which woods are both termite and rot resistant A. maple and pine B. pine and oak C. redwood and wolmanized D. oak and dogwood Iam going to pick C THANK YOU FOR TRYING ANY WAY
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Naturally resistant woods include redwood, cypress and cedar, but these woods are not long-lasting as treated lumber.

Choose Wood Materials Carefully to Prevent Termties and Rot
    WWPierre Posts: 78, Reputation: 4

Nov 9, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Teak! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Construction [ 1 Answers ]

What is nsc in construction contract

New Construction [ 8 Answers ]

My mother in-law is building a house in Mexico. I already did the wiring in the house and we have to run the service feeds from the meter 150' away. We have a 200 amp panel and I am going to run it underground on a 2" conduit and are going to use 4/0 aluminum. My question is do I need a breaker @...

New construction [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a new townhouse in Virginia. Would you recommend copper or pvc piping throughout the home and why. Thank you...

New construction [ 3 Answers ]

I plan to have a house built, and circumstances (financial and otherwise) Necessitate that I assume some of the construction chores such as plumbing, Electrical, floor plan design, and contracting. I'm probably way over my Head on the plumbing task because I've had very little experience. The...

Construction [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost to build a parliament in a developing country?

View more questions Search