Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris Rei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Permanent Residency in India
    Hello all,

I am Iranian and live in Iran. My parents, my brother and I have made several trips to India over the past few years and we are all in love with the country. We would like to live to India for good. Our family has reasonable funds amounting to around 1 million USD. What are the chances of obtaining permanent residency, and how do we go about it?

I have contacted the Indian Embassy in Tehran but have been given no clear answers. Your answers would be much, much appreciated.
    chetan703 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 06:16 PM

Hello,

Write your query to "[email protected]" and they will get back to you in two or three days with the correct information. This is the direct contact to the Indian embassy in India.

Thanks.

Chetan Sharma.
    ayushayush50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Hi, I understand that you are from Iran, from a friendly country. I have no idea out of 1 million USD, how much you want to invest in India. However, if you invest somewhere around 2 millions, there is a fair chance that you get an investors visa. But the fact remains, that it may not lead to Permanent Residency in India. Government of India is less interested in retail investors, but the Provincial Governments try to attract foreign investments even in this bracket. Provinces which are pro active in this are - Gujarat , Uttarakhand , Maharashtra & Himachal Pradesh. You need to have a solid business plan and put it before the state government so that they can invite you to do business over there. Business Investment Visas are the best way to get into India.
    Your dependents can also live with you in India on dependent visa.
    Moreover, after few years you can apply for Citizenship of India. After 11 years you can be naturalized to live in India.
    3-5 years is ideal time to apply for PR or Citizenship.
    Ideal Places to live in India:
    - Bombay
    - Delhi
    - Ahmedabad
    - Dehradun
    - Jaipur
    India as you know, is much more modern and open. I bet you will certainly love it even more once you move in here.
    ayushayush50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Please correct - its not 2 million its 0.2 million which equals almost 0.2x50 = 10 million INR
    shahids Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2011, 07:47 AM
    Hello irani guy I'm shahid I wnt to be an irani friend

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent Residency Requirement for K3 visa [ 1 Answers ]

Once in the USA with K3 visa, one can apply for the prermanent residency. Does one need to remain in the USA till the residency is granted? How long does it normally take if there are no issues Thanks, Ampiko

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

Permanent residency application and tax deduction [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently had an attorney assist in my application for permanent residency in US. Since this will replace my current work TN VISA (temporary VISA), is the attorney fee a deductable expense on my tax?

Florida/nc residency [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse & I were both NC residents for tax purposes through 2000. In early 2001 I moved to Florida and became a resident. My spouse continued to be a NC resident. In 2001 we filed a joint federal return plus a NC return showing my spouse as a full time resident while I filed as a part time...

View more questions Search