Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eportel2079 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Ducting for wood stove heat exchanger and related.
    Hello
    I have a wood stove in the basement capable of 70k BTU. I'm building a heat exchanger for it. I've seen similar configurations on other stove including a corn stove from Amazablaze and Cornflame. Most of these heat exchangers have a 12" round pipe for the heat exchanger exhaust... but I'm not sure what the CFM is of the blower that drives it.
    My question is for a 1500 sq ft. home, 2 floors what size blower/duct would I need to do the 1500 sqft of space?
    I'm aware of the branch pipe reduction and some formulars to figure out CFM per room and run.

I should also mention that this systems will end up being 3 zones, control by solanoid control damper valves to heat two rooms in the basement, 2.5 rooms on the 2nd floor and 3.5 rooms on the 1st floor. All of the zones don't need to be on at the same time, but it would be nice if it had the air flow to do this.

I was thinking of using a 1000CFM blower for the system. When I figure out all the sq. footage it seems about right... but I'm concerned that a 1000 CFM blower may be a bit noisy.

I've worked out the way the thermostats would work, as far as the controls and the way that the damper valves would work... also the required duct work for the proper air flow per room... I'm not sure though if 1000CFM is overkill... or under kill at the plentium.

Thanks
    Chris
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 08:11 PM
    You better get a engineer to do the calculations OR take a SWAG and put a 1000 CFM blower on it using a multi speed motor. That way you can raise or lower the motor speed and CFM to your liking.

Looks like a 1/3 hp to me.
    gazzman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 04:29 AM
    Hi have a look @turboheat go to www.turboheat.net.au

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hazards of cracked heat exchanger? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old Carrier gas pack that stopped working last week. The thermostat works and the unit will kick on but no heat (or any air period) comes up in the vents. The unit is working as it is kicking air out its side vent. I had a technician come look at it today and he said he had not...

Noisy heat exchanger [ 1 Answers ]

Just had my heat exchanger replaced yesterday. Mades a loud banging noise after blower goes off technician says it must be faulty heat exchanger but I doubt it . Any knowledge aboutt what the real problem is??

Heat Exchanger [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas pack and I need to find out if the heat exchanger is under warranty. It is a comfortmaker, Mod# PGAA24DIKG, SN L973826975. I have found out that the SN is directly related to the systems warranty. The new part is about $600, and I would like to avoid this cost if it is warranted still.

Heat exchanger [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to find some one that can tell me were I can obtain a glow worm space saver 80BR Mk ll heat exchanger part No.418551 helppppppp [email protected]

View more questions Search