Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommaveloso Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Jan 15, 2006, 07:22 AM
    Just for the fun of it...
    What are your kids names, and why did you pick them?
    You don't have to put the whole name if you are not comfortable, just the first. And why did you pick it? Was in handed down, or just because?

My oldest daughters name is Alisa... I just picked out of the book, and the middle name is my middle name, my moms, my grandmother, and great grandmother.

My middle daughters name is Denae... my sisters middle name is Renae and so I just replaced the R with a D and liked it, her middle name hubby has some obsession with it.

And my youngest daughters name is Vanessa... Hubby picked Vanessa because he said it looked good with our last name on paper.. HEHEHEH... and the middle is a widely used name in his family.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
    I'm not paranoid but I would never give out that much personal information in a public forum on the internet. The information you gave here paired with your profile is enough to lead someone right to your front door if they were so inclined, or they can steal your identity online and do some damage there.

I would like to believe this could never happen but sadly it happens maore often than we are aware of.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
    I think NeedKarma has a point so I won't put my daughters full name just first.

My oldest daughter is Mariah and My youngest is Ashlyn
    My husband and I on both of my preganancies could not agree with names so both my daughters names were picked at the end of the pregnancy. My husband wanted traditional or very poular names I on the other hand wanted names that you don't hear very often.

Mariah's was "not" named after Mariah Carey or the song from Paint your Wagon, They call the wind Mariah. I saw it on this baby show on the discovery channel that had followed this coulple through their pregnancy and finally the birth, they had a girl and they named her Mariah, Immediately I knew it was the name for mine if it was a girl. I was only a few days from my due date. And my husband loved it. Its funny how you hear a name at other times before but never think of it until you have your own.

My youngest's name came about a year before I was pregnant, I was looking at baby names on the internet and came across the name Ashlyn, I always loved the name Ashley, but it was so common that I didn't want to use it. I knew immediately that was the name for my next child if I were to have another girl. The meaning of Ashlyn is a vision or a dream. I loved the meaning because I had a dream not long after my first daughter was born that I was in labor with my second and it ended up being another girl I still remember the dream very clearly. So when I found out I was having another girl. I had to name her Ashlyn.

Both of my girls have traditional middle names, my oldest was named after my maternal grandmother's first name, and my youngest has a very pretty common middle name. I would give them out. But I don't want to post too much info. On here.

On a lighter note, that was one of my favorite things about pregnancy was picking out names.:)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2006, 04:17 PM
    My first daughter's name is Angelina (age 6) and my other daughter is Gianna (age 4). When first discussing names I mentioned to my wife that I liked Angela, but my wife thought that was too stereotypical Italian (I'm half Italian while my wife is a classic "mutt" but no Italian in her.) As a compromise, then, my wife suggested "Angelina" which I actually liked even better. My wife came up with the name Gianna, primarily so she would have an italian name like her sister. Gianna's middle name is Ellen after my mother-in-law. We learned after the fact that Gianna is italian for Jane and my mother-in-law's middle name is Jane. So, in effect, my youngest daughter has my mother-in-law's name, just reversed.

Jan 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
    S-cianci, I love the name Gianna, I use to take care of a little girl with that name and always thought it was so pretty. And its funny that your other daughters name is Angelina because when I was pregnant with my first daughter, one of the names I liked was Angelia (ang-a-lee-a) and I wanted to call her "Angie" for short. But my husband didn't want an Italian name because of our last name (its very italian) and he thought it was too much, he is half Italian himself and you'd think hed like it but I personally didn't see the big deal. But both parents have to agree I guess. Anyway good choices, such pretty names!:D
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
    In my family, we name after the dead. Usually a grandparent, or a great grandparents, aunt/uncle, parent, someone who has died prior to the child being born.

Jan 15, 2006, 04:45 PM
    CaptainForest, I've heard of that before. That's cool, but what happens if you really don't like a name of the relative that has passed? Or does that matter? Its very interesting. I was actually named after my two grandmothers but niether of them were deceased at the time. But instead of my name being Ann Kathleen , My dad took Ann and made into Hannah which comes from Ann and Katrina which is the russian form of Kathrine or Kathleen. I like both the names but I never really liked them together. Oh Well I'm stuck with them.:p
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    CaptainForest, Iv heard of that before. That's cool, but what happens if you really don't like a name of the relative that has passed? Or does that matter? its very interesting. I was actually named after my two grandmothers but niether of them were deceased at the time. But instead of my name being Ann Kathleen , My dad took Ann and made into Hannah which comes from Ann and Katrina which is the russian form of Kathrine or Kathleen. I like both the names but I never really liked them together. Oh Well im stuck with them.:p
    In the Jewish religion, you give them the same hebew name. You don't ALWAYS have to give them the same english name. My brother was named after my grandfather, has the same hebrew name, english name though is differnet, but they both start with the same letter.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 04:44 PM
    We have just the one daughter she is only 3 and a half months her name is millicent millie for short we had a bit of a problem naming her to be honest as everyone kept saying it's a boy a boy so we picked a boys name didn't give a girls name a second thought till we had the first scan and it was kind of obvious she was not a lad.
    So one evening while we were cooking dinner I said millie and ben said well it can't just be millie so she is millicent grace, grace is after one of our grandparents on each side.
    satterwhite90650 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 09:53 AM
    2 of each
    I have 2 of each. My sons are david and Andrew.David was named by his dad. David is his middle name wich he goes by. His first name is ronald he chose the better of the 2. Andrew is named after my favorite cousin. My daughter miranda was supposed to be melanie but there dad didn't like it so miranda just popped in my head.Then there's Priscilla my oldest daughter she got her name because when I was pregnant with my son. My dad said I think your having a girl and you going to name her priscilla.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Names
    Ok, except for my youngest still at home, I have four grown children
    Ranging 30 to 26.

Charles JR ( OK call me self centered)

Charlie ( I adopted him, he already had that name, I am not that self center)
    He was named after his grandfather

Christopher, (after the actor who played Superman) but basically we liked the
    The name

Johnathan, after a company I was working for at the time and again basically
    We just liked the name

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search