Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blondie7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
    A big brown hair color disaster!
    Yesterday, I asked my hairdresser to take my highlighted champagne blonde hair to a light brown.
    The first color she put on turned it orange and the second turned it dark brown except for my roots (my roots originally were a mousey color). My roots became an orange/brown. She therefore corrected this by putting on a semi-permanent color, which corrected the roots to dark brown, but turned the areas which had been the most bleached originally to black! I hope this makes sense.
    Will this semi-permanent color fade, and leave me with an OK color? Is it difficult to lighten this dark brown to a light brown?
    I am too scared to go back to the hairdresser, as generally the whole thing is a disaster. I just want my blonde hair back, but I am thinking I need to go to a top salon to feel safe. Please help!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
    When I use semi-permanents they generally begin to fade within a week to two weeks. That's with home color, but I imagine the salon would be similar. Maybe wait a week and if you don't like it see if they'll pay for you to go to a salon you can trust. They might not but it's worth a shot.
    klord1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Semi-permanent or Quasi colours that they use in a salon will fade in a couple of weeks or up to 20 washes. It will never completely wash out but your blond should start coming through after just a few washes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair color disaster [ 1 Answers ]

I have light ash brown hair and have been professionally highlighting it for years. I decided to go brown and used a dark ash brown hair color on my own. It turned my hair black. If I use a color remover can I go with any color or will blonde colors tend to go red?

Yet another hair color disaster [ 4 Answers ]

My first time here. I tried to do a search, but sadly (happily?) no one was dumb enough to do what I have done :o OK. I have dark brown hair, almost no highlights, no gray. My daughter begged me to put highlights in it 8? Months ago. I did, and I let her (she's 11) help me with the back. I...

Hair color disaster! [ 2 Answers ]

So I just dyed my hair... I have dyed blond hair but I haven't dyed it for like 6 months so I was in need of a new color. So I thought I would do something new and go a light brown... but it didn't turn out. The roots look really nice but were the blonde was it turned like grey and it looks really...

Hair color disaster [ 3 Answers ]

I used a permanent dye to add highlights to my hair. My hair is nuturally medium brown. I used lt golgen blonde which came out orange. I tried to cover the orange highlights with a brownish/red rinse which just gave me a crayolla looking red. With a little orange hue. I was about to get brown...

Hair color disaster! Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been using Loreal Excellence Crème for years, using 8BB, medium beige blonde. I wanted to go a tinier bit darker so I used a dark golden blonde color and now my hair a brassy color, red/orange. A few days later I used my 8BB again (yesterday) and it took a tiny bit of the orange/red out...

View more questions Search