Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chiguy13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I washed my wife's phone
    I was doing a load of laundry and inadvertently washed her phone. It was in her pants pocket. I didn't know until we heard it clinking in the dryer. Help!! EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
    j9 has an answer for you... lol I can't remember it even though I clinked it in my memory bank.. hold on I will try to find it.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
    You can try and set it on a towel over a heat duct, but usually in these situations the phone is ruined and you'll have to buy a new one. =(
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Chiguy here's the answer check this post maybe it will help you.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cell-p...tml#post793301
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Wow that is a smart idea!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 08:21 PM
    My daughter dropped her phone in the toilet and we took the battery out and covered the phone and battery with rice for 24 - 48 hours. That absorbed all of the water.

HOWEVER, going through an entire wash cycle is entirely different. I don't know if the rice would work on this one. If it did, it would have to be in the rice for quite a long time.
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Chi guy please post if you try it and it works.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
    And in the end, you may be buying a new phone. The battery is one of the first things to go ( not sure why) I have replaced it on one that went swimming to make it work. And of course Ebay normally has some good used ones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I get over my wife's affair? [ 15 Answers ]

In Brief: I have been married 7 yrs. My wife and I are late 30's. I thought things were good in the relationship with my wife. My wife had enough of my controlling and "take over" way that I handled the relationship. So, she started going out with some single friends in Feb 2007. First weeknights.....

Cement shower floors / acid washed [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large walk in shower. I'd like to have a cement floor with an acid washed stain. A sloped shower pan will be installed underneath. Can anyone recommend the best type of sealer to use for this type of floor in a shower and how the cement should be finished so it won't be too slippery or...

Late wife's name [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been widowed for 6yrs and we recently married. We live in the same home he shared with his late wife. Her name is still on the Deed of the home. He does not see the need to change it since his Will covers all the recent changes with my name added. I was wondering if the fact that her...

Ex wife's laptop [ 13 Answers ]

My Ex Wife Has Put A Password On Her Lap Top. I Caught Her Having Affaie See Other Posts But The Evidence I Need Is On Her Lap Top. I Have Some Questions Please Help When I Turn It On It Has Password. Can I By Pass It As I Do Not Know The Password? Can I Send Her Via E Mail A Keystroke...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search