Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary 1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Son who doesn't want to listen
    Hi, I don't know what is wrong with my son. He is always angry wit me and I don't know why. He is 20 years of age and has been like this for years. He is also like that with his father also. Its more than just a teenage thing. He is very popular with his friends but treats his parents like dirt and can't accept rules. Also he can't seem to hold down a job . Can you please tell me if it sounds like he has some sort personallity disorder.

Thanks
    Mary1969
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Possible drug use??

Just a lazy ?

Where is he living, I hope not at home, if he is, then you are allowing and helping him be this way. Sounds like it is time he learns how to sink or swim so to speak in the real world.
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Feb 1, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Umm I seriously agree with fr chuck. I have a brother that treated my dad the same way and let him continue to disrespect him. Let him get a taste of what real life can be. He will learn to appreciate all that you have done for him. I don't think that he has a personality disorder but it is prob a good idea to sit down and talk with him and see if you can get him to open up. Most of the time there is some underlying problem that makes a person lash out like that. For instance my brother always thought that my dad was never around so he felt that he didn't have a say so in his life. It may be attention that he wants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

My 3 year old son will not listen to me! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 3 year old boy that will turn 4 in December, and he acts like he knows it all!:o He is starting to act very rude towards me and his father. He will not listen to a word we say to him. He will do things on spite,like when we tell him not to throw his toy's or not to hit his...

10 year old son doesn't want me to leave his abusive father [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in an abusive marriage for ten years. . I have made the decision to leave my husband. I have three wonderful children, whom I have talked to about the upcoming separation. My two young girls seemed to handle it well. My 10 year old son , however, is having a difficult time with this. He...

Do I just listen. [ 13 Answers ]

What do you say to a marriedman who you have been seeing and now havewalked away from when his wife still accuseing him of still being unfaith (she had her guesses ) he knows you have walked away but still wants to talk to you about it saying may he is prolonging it. I just have listened and...

View more questions Search