Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dennis Roland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Refrigerant charging
    How do I charge systems using Puron or refrigerant 410A?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 04:52 PM
    ?? Same as R-22. The equipment should have a charging chart, you will probably be charging using head pressure and sub cooling though, instead of suction pressure and super heat. I'm not sure what you are asking, and it would be important to know what you are doing exactly, new install? Replacement? What's the seer?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 04:58 PM
    First you better take a approved course in the use of that refrigerant.

That is a much higher pressure refrigerant and uses special higher pressure rated gauges and hoses.

410A has a oil in it that just loves moisture and is very hydroscopic.

Units that use this refrigerant especially do not like the moisture and the unit can be damaged.

Most if not all manufactures have a protocol that requires a new liquid line filter and a professional vacuum pulled with purges through a reclaim system for proper charging.

The pressures that R410 run at are totally different than R22 so you better know what you are doing when you set the superheat or subcooling on the unit or damage/low efficiency will be the result

I am just telling you this to save you some possible trouble and money.

If you really have to know how to charge R410 properly do a Google search. I am sure there is much info out there and with charging R410 refrigerant being more difficult that R22 the information will cover more material than I can type here.
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Jan 31, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Your question leaves out a lot of information... my only comment is you ONLY charge R-410a to systems designed and built by the manufacturer for R-410a. The spec. / ID plate on unit will tell you the refrigerant to use. As hvac1000 stated, you best know what you are doing, and that is way to complex for this web site to properly answer, nor would I want to ( as a R-410 instructor for certification to use this refrigerant) You would want to look to some HVAC wholesale supply houses or HVAC manufacturers to take a R-410a class. If you are NOT a HVAC contractor, you will not be able to attend the class. Safety is the main issue here,. TO YOU! And the equipment damage / operation from miss use of R-410a is the other issue... This is really up to a qualified and R-410a trained HVAC tech to be performing a charge on a system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

410 Puron vs. Are 22 refrigerant [ 12 Answers ]

I need to install an new central air conditioning complete system to replace what I now have. The existing ducts will remain. I understand that R 22 is being phased out and that by 2020 will no longer be permitted to be manufactured or be imported into the U.S.A. I also understand that Puron is...

Refrigerant monitring system [ 1 Answers ]

Why refrigerant monitering system is provided for water cooled chiller is it necessary to provide it. Thanks

Information about refrigerant [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am going to know complete charactristic (such as evaporating and condensing pressure,refrigerating effect, odp,gwp,. ) of the R22 and R404a Thank you

View more questions Search