Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orgless Posts: 118, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Can someone tell how they would describe intamacy
    I have tried asking him what he meant many times but I just can't understand what he's talking about.

I tried that a while back but well I'm just confused by the terms he uses as this whole sex peak just looses me and I don't understand one half of it at all

You could add to that list

Erotic
    Sexy
    Turned on
    Aroused
    Sexuality

Just a few things for a start
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Intamacy to me is feeling emotionally connected to someone. Someone who you could lay with for hours and be happy. To me it has little to do with erotic, sexy, turned on, aroused, or sexuality at all. Of course intamacy involves sexual intamacy, I think it is much more fulfilling when it is on an emotional level

Jan 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
    OK you lost me a bit on that, what's the emoitional part of it then?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Intimacy is looking at each other across a crowded room and knowing what the other is thinking. Intimacy is passing each other on the way to and from the bathroom or kitchen and touching each other's hand lightly and affectionately. Intimacy is snuggling on the couch and watching a movie or TV show that pleases only one of them but the other watches because of love. Intimacy is a caress, a look, a sharing that belongs only to the two of them and to no one one else.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Jan 30, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Everyone has a different perspective of concepts. In my mind I feel intimacy when I'm totally relaxed with the person. There is sexual intimacy as well as just intimacy. I'm very intimate with my best friend and sister, which is close. A close relationship is intimate. Erotic is feeling the anticipation of sexual activity. Certain things and smells have erotic effects. That is, they turn you on. Some perfumes are very erotic. Some people are very erotic. That is, they are sexy and can excite others. Certain foods are erotic. For me, it's whole steamed mushrooms with butter, because I enjoy the tender feeling they produce on my mouth. Some people love strawberries and cream. Sexy is sensual in the way someone talks, walks, or behaves. Someone sexy can be anyone that moves in sensual ways or can turn you on regardless of weight, skin color or age.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Its all in the context and intent of the person saying the word "intimacy"...

For ex, I often prefer the word "sensual" to "sexual", when talking about successfully connecting intimately.

Sensual ties into the state of mind. The idea that half the intensity of sex is the tension you mentally build.

So...

An intimate moment might be sexually charged, might be sexually active, might be emotionally charged without sex (ever dance slowly and deliberately with a lover?), or all of the above...

Depends on the person.

Id say "intimate" most often combines both emotional and physical stimuli... but some people would use the word to describe just a sexual act, with or without emotional elements.

Jan 30, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pasiria
    Everyone has a different perspective of concepts. In my mind I feel intimacy when I'm totally relaxed with the person. There is sexual intimacy as well as just intimacy. I'm very intimate with my best friend and sister, which is close. A close relationship is intimate. Erotic is feeling the anticipation of sexual activity. Certain things and smells have erotic effects. That is, they turn you on. Some perfumes are very erotic. Some people are very erotic. That is, they are sexy and can excite others. Certain foods are erotic. For me, it's whole steamed mushrooms with butter, because I enjoy the tender feeling they produce on my mouth. Some people love strawberries and cream. Sexy is sensual in the way someone talks, walks, or behaves. Someone sexy can be anyone that moves in sensual ways or can turn you on regardless of weight, skin color or age.
    This is an excellent example of why I'm so confused by this type of language! Not one part expalianed the other without the use of the words I don't understand

Jan 31, 2008, 12:13 AM
    Not one part explained the other because they are inter-related. Sexy relates to sensual as well as aroused. This words relate in context. The discursive mode is shifted to sex, which means sexy, intimate. Also, like kp mentioned, it is not always sexual. That is true. I can play a song in the piano and be turned on to the melody and charged with sexuality or I can belly dance and feel sexy. You might want to try to buy a book about the subject, they have them in all the book stores. This words are defined differently by individuals because individuality, culture, experiences and age play a role in describing this words.

Jan 31, 2008, 12:19 AM
    I can't read books as the whole thing of reading it is lost on me, I read a page dontunderstand any of ,it turn the page and have forgotten what I have just read!

The books that we have bought assume that anyone would know and understand what "being turned on" is, I don't, they assume you know what aroused is like, again I don't.

I have given my husband those books and have him read them and then explain to me what its on about but I just don't have any idea at all.

Jan 31, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Hi,

I have a friend who has your same problem. She reads and forgets right away. Let me give you one more advice before I go to bed. Instead of trying to understand this concepts or trying to interpret a book, do this: go with your feelings, focus on your desires, what makes you feel good, what makes you feel special and unique and pleasured. Books are just theories, they are not facts, believe it or not, they are just suggestions, all of them, except for history. Do what you feel is right, if it make you and your husband feel good, then it should be good. Just wondering why you might want to learn on the subject. Has your husband called you this words or suggested something? I can only give my opinion here, but maybe your doctor can explain better or a sexologist.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 11:25 AM
    All you have to know about is *passion*-- being a passionate woman in many ways including passionate in satisfying your emotional orgasmic needs met!

Here is the definition of passionate(I edited it for relevance to adult sexuality)from the on line dictionary:::

"pas·sion n/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pash-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun
    1. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
    2. strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
    3. strong sexual desire; lust.
    4. an instance or experience of strong love or sexual desire.
    5. a person toward whom one feels strong love or sexual desire.
    6. a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music."
    End

*Today*, intimacy refers to a sexual relationship. If we say people are sharing intimacy, they are being sexual with each other.

Sexual is having contact with sexual organs( penis and vagina).

Being "turned" on" or "aroused" is sex organs(penis and vagina) engorged, throbbing, on fire!!

Sexy refers to the quality of an individual as being appealing for sexual contact(as opposed to unattractive).

Erotic is a quality of appealing to what arouses an individual... often erotic pictures or erotic stories.

Again, don't get caught in the terminology, just work on being a passionate woman. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

No clue where to ask this. What words can describe this? [ 31 Answers ]

Ever have that feeling where your just kind of blank but your thinking about things that you miss and how you can get them back. Your wondering what all happened. And you just kind of feel like your back in the past but your not. Your only imagining it to be happy. I guess that's the only way I...

Jrebel7 describe what floating color is. [ 8 Answers ]

You mention in your answer to me about painting with acrylics, something about floating color and if I know how to do that. Well I don't know how. Could you explain it for me.

Describe a test for carbon dioxide gas [ 1 Answers ]

Please describe a test for carbon dioxide gas! I need help :D

View more questions Search