Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dooferdingle Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Did your mother leave?
    Hi, I really didn't know where to post this, was going to put it in parenting, but wasn't sure.
    Anyway, this might sound like a strange question to ask, and I hope I don't offend anyone at all, but...

Usually, it's the father that leaves, say if the parents split up, or whatever reason, it's the dad that leaves and mum stays and raises the child, but what if it's the mother that leaves?

I want to ask if there is anyone out there who's mother left when they were children,

1:how did you feel?
    2: how did it effect you as a person?
    3: does it still effect you?
    4: how do you feel about your mother now you are an adult?
    5: if you now have contact with your mother, how do you actually feel about her? Did you forgive her for leaving?
    And finally,
    6:what was your mothers reason for leaving you? i.e. did your parents split up? Did she have personal reasons of her own for leaving? Do you understand her reasons?

Sorry for such a long post, but I would love to get opinions on this, as there seems to be a lot of stigma attatched to women leaving, I was wondering how the children actually felt about it after going through it themselves.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I know it must hurt a lot. I don't know why but some moms do leave. Remember one thing and that is that it is not your fault or anything like that so don't think that for one second.
    Did she have any kind of talk with you before she left to let you know how she felt or anything or that she would be back in your life someday or some kind of hope?

Basically when a mom leaves her children most often it is because she does not have her priorities straight.
    Sometimes it is because she couldn't work some problems out.
    Hopefully someday she will realize that you are the most precious thing that she could ever have in her life and want you back in her life.
    dooferdingle Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
    What about when she does want to be in your life, but cant, as in her view, the way she sees things, she can't see a way to see you?

I have to add, my mother didn't leave me, sorry I should have mentioned that.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Does she live far away? Is she physically able to see you?
    Does she call you?
    There must be some way you can see her sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother leave te state with a child without the fathers permission [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 4 year old daughter and the mother ( a friend of mine ) told me that she was leaving the state with his daughter for a 2 week vacation but never told the father, does she have the right to do that with out his consent? Also, they are planning on going out of the country in the...

Mother-In-Law won't leave [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I allowed my mother-in-law to move in with us because she was undergoing chemo. She has since stopped receiving chemo and is interfering in all aspects of our marriage. My wife refuses to confront her. I am the sole owner of the house. She does not pay rent, nor have I ever...

Parent's aren't getting along! Should my mother leave him? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom and dad are constantly fighting over bills. My dad had a good job until he lost it. Now he's a handyman and bringing money home when he feels like it. Our rent is high and the bills are a lot. My mother is always living paycheck to paycheck and crying all the time over later bills and losing...

My mother passed away and didn't leave a will [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away this year and she did not have a will. She was living with me for the last 2 years of her life, but she has a piece of property that she and my dad owned. My mother never gained a "clear title" to the property. She purchased the land and trailer from the owner about 20 years...

Mother wanting to leave area [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, we currently live in richmond, va I am a father with joint custody of our 7 year old child. My daughter mother has physical custody and her primarily residence is at her mothers. I have my child 3 days and two nights out the week. She is doing really well and school. My ex- is telling...

View more questions Search