Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul manning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 03:22 PM
    Dvd player drawer
    How can I open a drawer of a surround sound player , if its not working
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Feb 5, 2006, 08:14 PM
    While most computer CD/DVD drives have a manual ejection pin you can press to eject a disc from the drive, I have found that most stand alone CD/DVD players have no such manual ejection pin.

I've had to open the player and try to remove the disc. Sometimes - if you really want the disc - it's best to take it to a repair shop that can dis-assemble the unit and safely extract the disc without damaging it.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 03:08 AM
    As PhillySteakAndCheese (Mmmm.. steak) mentioned, try looking for a small hole on the front of the drawer. If you have one, get a paper clip, straighten it out and push it gently into this hole. This should push the drawer open. This "feature" might just be on PC CD drawers but it's worth a shot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd player [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a silly question : is it possible to play a regular cd on a dvd-player ? Are there any dangers doing this ? Is it convenient or should I rather stay on playing it on a cd-player ? I am asking this because I am thinking of buying a dvd player and I do not know if I have to keep my cd-player...

Mp3 Player [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone Have Any Thoughts On Mp3 Players? Other Than An I-pod Which Is Just Too Much Money... any Suggestions? Thanks

I'm a new player [ 2 Answers ]

How do you protect yourself in sports? My right wrist achs a little after last weekend's execise. Maybe new players are always easy to get hurt:) So how do you protect yourself in sports? Is it useful to wear some kind of wristband? I find the cotton one costs only $0.92 and looks very nice....

DVD Player/Recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a DVD Player that has the capability of "recording" at the same time. Can anyone help me find a quality (proven) device? I would appreciate hearing your recommendations! Thanks. Ponton

Real player [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any player --free- Which can play real media and avi files

View more questions Search