Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vijis1976 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Regarding STD Benefit
    I had got an Short term disability benefit that was given by the insurance company for the Maternity leave. They have just withheld the Social Security and Medicare in this amount and not deducted any Federal or State tax.

Is this income taxable. My W-2 does not reflect this income. What should I do.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
    Yes, it IS taxable if it was part of the benefits associated with your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tacky benefit? [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin's wife has a sister who's husband died of a degerative element in his blood that caused him many health problems, including a blood hemorage in his brain that is what ultimately killed him some 9 or 10 years ago. They had a grown daughter at the time and a younger one that is now 14 or 15...

What is my benefit? [ 4 Answers ]

If I am the owner of a Trift Store and I donate my excess clothing, shoe's. etc. to a Mission that has 501c3 status, am I intitled to any tax deductions on my donation?

SSN benefit [ 9 Answers ]

I have a question here: Say... There is a couple, the husband is the only one that has been working, his wife never works... After he passed away, will his wife get the SSN benefit? If so, what is the requirements for her to be able to get the SSN benefit-I am asking like does she have...

Any benefit from Removing Hardware ? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I just got delivered a new Destop Dell Dimension 9150 PC, with among other thing an IEEE Firewire 1394 PCI card & 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem card which I don’t need at all. My question is : if I de-install properly theses cards “drivers etc ” and remove the cards, will the PC benefit even ...

Benefit entitlement [ 1 Answers ]

Q 1. are you entitled to any benefits or pensions after being bankrupt? Q 2.can you open a basic bank account after being bankrupt? Q 3. are all the debts cleared after being bankrupt even if the debts are extremely high altogether? Would you be allowed to use a family members bank account...

View more questions Search