Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd1019 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 07:35 AM
    What is the best way to sell a home by owner?
    I am looking to sell my home due to military orders. I will remain in the same state but at a different base 2 hours south of where I currently live. I would like to sell my current home which I purchased less the 2.5 years ago as a new construction. I just had the home appraised. I have a for sale sign out and an add on military for sale by owner.com Does anyone have any tips or tricks I should know about? Anything I should be aware of. I would like to learn from other experiences both good and bad.
    Thanks
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
    My father just sold his house last year to move closer to us. He used this site to help him out. Maybe it will work for you.
    Selling a House - How to Prepare Your House for Sale
    Best of luck selling your house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
    While you can do away with a broker, you should have a real estate attorney to prepare your contract for sale (especially if the buyer has one) and to handle the closing. Be prepared for buyers to expect a lower price than comparable sales because they know you aren't paying broker's commissions.
    tracychapman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 09:58 AM
    I've been told so many different things about what the best way to sell your home is. From my personal experience, I've found that hiring a local cleaning service to prepare your home for potential buyers has been the best way so far! I've gone to http://www.angieslist.com and found reviews for cleaning services in my area that were left by customers. The one that stuck out to me the most was Hot Mops Cleaning Service. They did an amazing job in my home. Their web site is http://hotmops.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to sell our home [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to sell our home, but the title company found two abstract of judgment liens on it. I have a credit card debt and a nursing home has sued my husband. We had to relocate to San Antonio, TX due to a job and cannot afford the mortgage payment and rent for our rented home...

Renters rights when owner wants to sell & neighbor harassment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this list but I have a couple of questions, both having to do with real estate. I've been renting my house for 10 years, and have a verbal agreement with my landlord. She told me that she would rent to me for as long as I want to live here, and we agreed that she would keep renting...

Renters rights when the owner wants to sell [ 3 Answers ]

What are the rights of a renter in Maryland, when the owner wants to sell? And what if the lease was month - month? Does the renter have any rights in this situation?

Can I sell home without co-owner [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Florida and purchased a condo. With my aunt as a favor because her credit alone would not suffice. She was to reside in it and pay mortgage. The plan was for her to live there for 1 - 2 years and then we would sell. She only paid the first two months of the mortgage. I took over the payments...

Moble home repo on private property, not owned by moble home owner [ 3 Answers ]

I am the land owner of some property in Georgia, I let my Sister place her mobile home on this private property. The question is, does the repo company have the right to come on my property and destroy my trees, bust water lines, run over my shrubs etc, be rude and over barring without contacting...

View more questions Search