Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rysco13 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Divorce in Ohio while pregnant?
    Can someone tell me if you are allowed to get a dissolution/divorce while being pregnant with another mans baby? Both parties are want the divorce; however, I have heard some where that the courts can make you wait until the child is born. Thanks for any input.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Ohio revised code
    CHAPTER 3105: DIVORCE, ALIMONY, ANNULMENT, DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
    The court of common pleas may grant divorces for the following causes:

(A) Either party had a husband or wife living at the time of the marriage from which the divorce is sought;

(B) Willful absence of the adverse party for one year;

(C) Adultery;

(D) Extreme cruelty;

(E) Fraudulent contract;

(F) Any gross neglect of duty;

(G) Habitual drunkenness;

(H) Imprisonment of the adverse party in a state or federal correctional institution at the time of filing the complaint;

(I) Procurement of a divorce outside this state, by a husband or wife, by virtue of which the party who procured it is released from the obligations of the marriage, while those obligations remain binding upon the other party;

(J) On the application of either party, when husband and wife have, without interruption for one year, lived separate and apart without cohabitation;

(K) Incompatibility, unless denied by either party.

A plea of res judicata or of recrimination with respect to any provision of this section does not bar either party from obtaining a divorce on this ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ohio Laws [ 1 Answers ]

What are the laws in Ohio about pit bulls if you have a web site id love to have it thanks

Ohio Lease [ 2 Answers ]

I was leasing a home in Ohio and broke the leasse. Each month the landlord brought the utility bills to me and I paid him for my share. I know that if I break the lease I have to continue to pay rent until he leases the home again. Do I have to continue to pay my share of the utilities?

In Ohio, who can be landlord? [ 6 Answers ]

Under Ohio law, who is a landlord? Or is a landlord, "the owner of the real property", the "general partnership", "the general partnership of a limited partership" or when there is no general partner of a limited partnership? Thanks

Ohio Deed? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, As I'm looking to buy, a wonderd what cost are involved on a deed, I tell you why, here with us we are obligated to pay a certain amount of the value to recongnise the sale (sort of deed I guess), so does some one can tell me what the price of a deed is? Kind regards

View more questions Search