Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Building an igloo is great fun!
    Look what I found! See who made it?
    YouTube - How to Build an Igloo

Captain - that is absolutely precious!!
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Gawd isn't you just opened a kettle of fish here my dear lady, hunn you know what your living in the biggest country in the world a country that controls half of the world and took us to war there's going to be a lot off nastiness there weather you like it or not,
    On the other hand you also have to realise that you aren't the only country that gets bashed hell I have seen enough brits take crap on here and other places alone with plenty of others I'm afraid my dear its just the way the internet is you see it and you say it as it is if you don't like it then you don't log in.
    From now on and for years to come you as a country along with others will be bashed (as you put it) for the idiotic greed of a person you experience a taste of terrorism and its like its only just been invented never mind the countries that have been living with it on a daily basis since the 70's I think it just comes down to the age old crack of we all use the brush just with different strokes we all live in the same world but we all have a different opinion you rarely will see me voice my true feelings for the pure fact I respect the others in our human race too much to give it full throttle.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 09:04 AM
    LOl CBW - I certainly did... but glad I did.

No, I know we are not the only one that gets negative chatter, oh I know that. Once in awhile though, I think it is more then okay to stand up against the negative comments. I see nothing wrong with that and glad I did and would do again. When other countries are continuoulsy spoken of negatively I would admire and applaud them standing up for their homeland and would encourage them to do so.

Yes, I am like you, in the way that, yes, out of respect for mankind and differences in culture, I remain silent when I see a difference or a negative. I guess we are dignified enough to know when to remain silent and when to speak up with respect.

Yes, I could not log on if I don't like what I read, but that would be hiding or turning away and I see no reason to do that because someone is unaware of their poor manners or because I choose to speak up and defend my country.

One should know the difference when not to speak and when to speak with respect about any country, race or creed.

Come to think of it, why would it not be okay to speak up for my country. I guess because we as Americans just have to suck it up because we are viewed to have too much so we should be able to swallow any negative comment.

I've grown somewhat tired of expressing myself on this topic. I'm very grateful to those who have been able to understand what I have been trying to express and disheartned with those who just can't hear me and I embrace the differences and more then accept them.

Peharps my point of view and my heart filled with love for my country as well as all countries around the world is unwelcomed. I accept that but I will never regret speaking up and speaking out for something I felt needed to be said.

God Bless all of you and I wish you all nothing but joy and peace.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Yes, I am like you, in the way that, yes, out of respect for mankind and differences in culture, I remain silent when I see a difference or a negative.
    That is one of the reasons that the US has some issues, people just accepting the negative without voicing their concern out loud.
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    That is one of the reasons that the US has some issues, people just accepting the negative without voicing their concern out loud.
    NK, you are 100% correct and that goes for any situation. How can you fix something if it is not spoke about or brought out in the open.

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I don't voice negatives about another country when they are having difficuties. Another words shine their problems in their face. If that makes sense.

I honestly respect, admire and want to learn more about other countries. I just get so :mad: when I feel our wounds are constantly exposed with ill intent.

It would be like someone outside my family calling a huge meeting, and in front of everyone the person holding the meeting wants to know... why does your Mom drink so much? Can't she stop drinking? Is your family so disfuncitional you can not tell there is a problem? What's wrong with your family? She's a peril to your family.

Can you see how that would hurt? Deeply? It's kind of like that when people not from America continually point out our problems, not to offer assistance, but to be unkind and to hurt.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
    AllHeart and CaptianRich- Come on down, but you better hurry, Our cold snap ended today and it's actually sunny, still cold but sunny. Oh Mr. Sun how I missed you. I'm actually going to take the kids outside to play today, the first time in 2 weeks, they can't wait. I mentioned the igloo idea to them and they love it, me and my big mouth:p . I have to say that I'm so glad to have "met" the both of you, I consider you friends, I hope that's okay.:o
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Hello Dearest Allheart,

Now when you say bash, what exactly do you mean? I have been in many discussions about America. Not so much the american people, but the american government. There is a difference. Do I or anybody else has a right to discuss things about American even if I or somebody else is not american, you betcha. Do you know why and I will tell you why. The American government things that they own the world and are the biggest power and that they can flex there muscle and interfere in any country around the world because they have the power to do so. So if American government is known to interfere in everybodies backyard then why can't other people from around the world comment on the united states and their government. I hope you understand that Americans pride themselves with free speech but at the same time they try to stifle somebody from speaking their minds. I am not american, Canadian as you know. My fathers side of the family are all american. Could I be considered half american does not matter, still have the right to jump in and discuss or talk about USA. I also believe there is a difference between bashing and speaking the truth. For example, I have always said this to you, that when I disagree or feel strongly about something it has never been against the american People, but the Government that runs your country at the same time. Who voted the government in, it was a always a split... I do have to say though that now many people are waking up and realizing that the Bush government was the worst mistake ever and they have lied about everything about the war. What about the people (americans fighting in this war, they were all lied to. They need to be proud that they stood up and fought for their country at the same time they need to know that they were duped in fighting a fake war with fake weapons of destruction.) Now that they know, they can pick their battles and decide whether to continue or hang up their guns and fight for peace instead)

Just my thoughts and opinion. There is no bashing in my opinion in how I have said things. I hope you understand my post and I have not had a chanch to catch up or even read other posts.

Bye for now,

Joe
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    AllHeart and CaptianRich- I have to say that I'm so glad to have "met" the both of you, I consider you friends, I hope that's okay.:o

Oh Bless you Altenweg,

Yes, please sign me up for that. I am truly touched and honoured.

Thank you so much. Means more then the keyboard allows me to express :D

Thank you again
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Hello Dearest Allheart,

Do I or anybody else has a right to discuss things about American even if I or somebody else is not american, you betcha. Do you know why and I will tell you why. The American government things that they own the world and are the biggest power and that they can flex there muscle and interfere in any country around the world because they have the power to do so.

Hello my good friend Joe,

When I started this thread, it was honestly to gain understanding, express my upset and even hurt. But more then anything, I do not like carrying upset in my heart and did
    Want so much to understand WHAT would motivate a non-American, to keep holding a flashlight to our sores.

Joe, I don't know how to thank you, you words above are beginning to open my eyes a wee bit as to the why. Gosh, the above is probably how we are perceived and may be true (to be honest, I don't know but I hope we are not bullies) Anyway, you have open the door for me to begin to understand on some level as to the why.

Joe, for many things and for many reasons I adore you. For what you have shared with me above giving me for the very first time in my whole life, some insight as to the why...
    I thank you and I love you my friend for it.

I don't want to harbour upset, jump out of my skin when I read certain things.

I do say sorry to the world if we earned the way we are viewed. I mean that sincerely.

Joe, you have no idea how deep my gratitude is.

I continue to have a deep love as well as pride for my country and now pray
    That America makes more of a positive difference in this world of ours.

Love you my friend.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 15, 2008, 11:18 PM
    I just watched this one part of a documentary... There is so much more that is missing. But, I really wonder what you folks would think after watching it. Please watch the whole thing.
    http://video.google.com/googleplayer...69373929310139
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    I just watched this one part of a documentary... There is so much more that is missing. But, I really wonder what you folks would think after watching it. Please watch the whole thing.
    Our government has been hijacked from the inside but let's be quiet about that or we get called traitor or nut job. I'm not a traitor but I may be a nut job. Never will believe the official story though. More to it than that.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 16, 2008, 01:11 AM
    The official story has 0 value. This video goes through that, I hope it's watched.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 01:37 AM
    *** Unsuscribing to my own thread****

I couldn't make it through the video. The harsh visions and memories brought me right back to that day and I cry for my country and all those people directly effected and wells up anger in me.

I have no idea what message is attempting to be said, but I have a feeling I would not be pleased.

Some may say I am nuts too - or have my head in the sand - I don't care what they say -

****unsuscribing****
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 05:57 AM
    ******Sorry :( Don't mean to sound like a 5 year old and throw down the toys and say I don't want to play no more...

But first, the images, are still hard to see and I could be wrong, but it seemed that it is saying there is some American consipiracy involved? Awful. Sorry I just can't digest that.

Nor will I entertain that. Awful. If I am wrong and that isn't what it is saying - I'm sorry.

I didn't make it through the whole thing - and won't.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    To Bash America? Do you live here? Are you an American?

**edit**

I am not saying that all people do not have a right to say what they choose, I am just saying that I find it rude, unacceptable, and disrespectful. Just as I would if an American continously openly said negative things about another country without any regard to the audience and with zero respect.
    You just may have to log off the internet then. We are free to and criticize what we wish whether we live there or not - it's called having an opinion. It's absolutely NOT unacceptable as you say.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    You just may have to log off the internet then. We are free to and criticize what we wish whether we live there or not - it's called having an opinion. It's absolutely NOT unacceptable as you say.
    NK -

1) That question was to a Mary something I can't remember now. And I sincerely was asking if she was from here. Not being sarcastic but was just inquiring.

I wish you would have paged through this whole thread as you would have seen JH ( Jesus Helper) shed some light on this topic for me.

Yes, NK I did get my back up in the air when someone not from here criticized America - big time. I did not understand that.

But thanks to Joe and CBW (who also contributed a great viewpoint on this thread), it opened my eyes wider. And I do believe I apologized to everyone back in whatever post it was.

I was ignorant and I was wrong. I have come to accept and even have reached and understanding as to why sometimes someone not from here would voice a negative viewpoint.

I have grown since first writing that and somewhere on this thread I thank Joe from the bottom of my heart for the insight.

Because let me tell you NK, it was one heck of a heavy heart and upset that I would experienced when I would see the comments. I actually have reached a place of acceptance.

I am not the type to go back and cut and paste and say see Here's proof where the light got turned on for me.

I just trust that you will take my word as to what I am saying is sincere and true. I can now see negative staments and I actually am okay about it and perhaps you think I should have been from the beginning... we all have things we need to work on. So, I guess I can take my successful growth spurt on this issue off my to do list NK.

For being upset, for the way I worded it - and for the way I was upset I truly am sorry to you and anyone else I may have upset.

I will admit I do at times have a blind loyalty to friendships, family and Country.

Just wish you would have taken the time to see that I have grown on this issue. Would have saved the little scolding.

If you are referring to my upset with the video, Mickey Mouse could have posted that and I would have been upset - It was not the poster that upset me, it was the content.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Greg, I have watched this and many others. I spent a couple of weeks going through everything I could get on the subject. There have been many questions asked that have no answers. But just because there are not answers for every question does not necessarily mean anything. I am myself quite disturbed by the speculation I have read. My conclusion is the same as the government’s explanation.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
    For my own sanity - I did scroll back... and it was post 109... here it is so you don't have to.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Hello Dearest Allheart,

Do I or anybody else has a right to discuss things about American even if I or somebody else is not american, you betcha. Do you know why and I will tell you why. The American government things that they own the world and are the biggest power and that they can flex there muscle and interfere in any country around the world because they have the power to do so.

Hello my good friend Joe,

When I started this thread, it was honestly to gain understanding, express my upset and even hurt. But more then anything, I do not like carrying upset in my heart and did
    want so much to understand WHAT would motivate a non-American, to keep holding a flashlight to our sores.

Joe, I don't know how to thank you, you words above are beginning to open my eyes a wee bit as to the why. Gosh, the above is probably how we are perceived and may be true (to be honest, I don't know but I hope we are not bullies) Anyway, you have open the door for me to begin to understand on some level as to the why.

Joe, for many things and for many reasons I adore you. For what you have shared with me above giving me for the very first time in my whole life, some insight as to the why...
    I thank you and I love you my friend for it.

I don't want to harbour upset, jump out of my skin when I read certain things.

I do say sorry to the world if we earned the way we are viewed. I mean that sincerely.

Joe, you have no idea how deep my gratitude is.

I continue to have a deep love as well as pride for my country and now pray
    that America makes more of a positive difference in this world of ours.

Love you my friend.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
    YouTube - The New World Order is Here!

YouTube - New World Order and the Chemtrails Connection

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To Accept or Not Accept a Gift [ 10 Answers ]

It's the Christmas season, so yesterday I spent the day making cookies which were then wrapped in a decorative tin that I gave to a male co-worker as a thank you for help done at work and for the occasional ride home from work. I was quite surprised when he handed me a little gift bag in return....

ALI G (Borat to you Americans) [ 3 Answers ]

I think he is hilarious been from the U.K its quality. Should watch some of the YouTube vids YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. And this one is him with some NBA players lol classic!! YouTube - Ali G & the NBA (extended version)

Is resentment against the Americans up or down [ 28 Answers ]

Everyone and their mother seem to have an idea about how well the “surge” is working; I think someone should ask the Iraqis what they think. I wonder how they would rate their personal security. Is resentment against the Americans up or down since the “surge” began? But on second thought,...

Illegal Americans [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Diego, I'm 18 years old and I live in Denver Colorado. I'm an Illegal immigrant of the united states, I crossed the border when I was nine, I didn't know what I was doing, I didn't have a choice. Over the time I forgot about my culture, and were I came from. I have become what I...

Racist Americans [ 122 Answers ]

----------THREAD IS SOLELY MEANT FOR INDIANS,ESPECIALLY in INDIA----- You know I just quit my job today, and I can't explain how relieved I feel about it.Used to work as a tech support in a BPO , outsourced in India with most customers calling from america .To a point where I realised that the...

View more questions Search