Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prathinam_11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Humming noise in Ac motors
    During generator running time, all Heavy Ac motors were making the humming noise in motors but this is not happening in EB supply. Where is the problem?
    jayaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Please check the frequency (Hz) of the Generator. It suppose to be 50Hz. If there is any difference in speed of the generator due to electrical load or improper setting of the speed of the Generator the frequency will vary. Also check the difference between the EB voltage and the Gererated voltage. By collecting all these data you could able to conclude the solution.
    Jithendran Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Check out the following points.
    1.Check the frequency cycle,It should be 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
    2.There should not be any huntting in the generator
    3.The voltage should be constant .
    4.Check the Automatic voltage regulator for its performance... If malfunctioing then replace
    5.If the DG is running in synchronising mode then maintain the synchronising parameters or check each DG individually for its performance.
    6.Check the diodes
    7.Finally the phase sequence & I hope you would have done that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mysterious humming noise in the house [ 113 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you folks can help me. Recently, we have been hearing a loud, low frequency "hum" throughout our house. I have turned the main power off to determine whether it's electrical. It's not. The noise does sound like a "fog horn" going off several blasts at a time and the noise level...

Humming noise in the walls [ 1 Answers ]

1. My house is 5 years old. 2. The pressure in the faucets and the shower seem to be slow, at times. 3. When we flush the toilet, wash our hands, or do the dishes there seems to be a loud humming noise that appears within the walls. However, the noise doesn't always occur. 4. The humming can...

1998 Cavalier Humming Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1998 chevy cavalier, manual transmission, and it's starting to sound like I'm flying a plane instead of driving a car. It makes this loud humming sound that cannot be drowned out. It gets worse the faster the car goes. It's been doing this for awhile. I don't understand why.

Noise create by motors [ 1 Answers ]

How much noise in dB a DC motor creates when fully loaded?

CPU Noise - Humming [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 651-M motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard) which has the SiS651 Northridge and SiS962L Southbridge Chipsets. My system is running Win XP Home with 2 GB of RAM and 80 GB Hard drive. I am experienceing a loud humming noise coming from the Computer. This happens every time that I use the...

View more questions Search