Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary Mack Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Help with shower stall that is not level
    My house is 15 years old, built on a slab and in notoriously shifting red clay soil in Mississippi. My corner shower stall floor (fiberglass with glass enclosure) has always pooled water in one corner--drain is in the center-- and I assume that means it was not level when installed. I am pretty sure that the house settling through the years has also made this worse. Should I start all over with a new installation or build up the shower floor making it level so that it drains properly and who does this sort of work--plumber or builder? I am a single female and not a do it yourself person.

Thanks for any advice.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2006, 10:38 AM
    Partly that depends on what the floor is made of, and if it is is part of the rest of the unit. Some things are best done right the first time. If it is all one piece, the only way to make a nice job it might be to start over. Perhaps the best thing is to repost to plumbing and let our master plumber give his opinion.
    Mary Mack Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Thanks Labman
    I appreciate your prompt response and will ask the plumber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower stall leaking [ 2 Answers ]

Seems to be leaking at front by door. Do all shower stalls need concrete it seems to have give in the floor at this time has nothing under shower base what to do?

From tub to shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I will be remodeling my bathroom soon and will be converting from a tub to a shower stall. It is ground level on a cement slab. My question is should I have to move the drain at all or can I pour and form a drain pan with the drain in it's current "tub standard" position/distance from wall?

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Remodeling a Shower Stall [ 1 Answers ]

If I purchase an acrylic shower base is it necessary to install some sort of moisture barrier between the cement board and the base? Thanks, Mike R

Shower stall base [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased a house with an unfinished half bath. The shower base was not installed. There is a cast iron pipe coming up through the slab.there is a drain leaded into the pipe with a flange and a liner that is cut off,and a threaded 2" drain screwed into it,it has been there a long time and I...

View more questions Search