Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robert129 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 07:26 PM
    GE Defrost Heater Timer (Motherboard)
    GE Side by side GSH22KGREBB

Would appreciate if anyone can help, I understand that the heater defrost control is in the motherboard, does this mean a costly change to get the timer control replaced?

Robert
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Part Results
    GE GSH22KGREBB
    The first link is a good part detective place
    The second link gives you a diagram of the fridge as well as parts.
    The one has a phone number to call up and speak to a real person.
    Hops this helps. I use these sites all the time for my own needs.
    Robert129 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Thanks for the great advice. I guess I have to start somewhere!! It sounds like the motherboard could be the problem, but there is also the heater to consider. Is it easier to check the heater to eliminate that or best stick with replacing the MB.

Robert
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 08:13 PM
    There are manuals at those sites you can buy. Do you have a continuity tester... a good one? You can buy a good one on Amazon or Ebay for around $20 + shipping. You need to get one that has X10 and X1K settings. These are settings to test for low voltage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming Noma Block Heater Timer [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Noma Automatic Daily Setting Block Heater timer that I have lost the instructions to. I need to program it to come on and warm up the block heater of my car tonight and cannot remember how to do it! Can anyone out there help me?

Defrost Timer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you troubleshoot a defrost timer?

Water Heater Timer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my Water Heater and I think it may be a result of the Timer that is connected to it. I cannot take a shower longer than 7 minutes until the water goes cold. Same thing with washing dishes and clothes. Do you think it might be a result of the Timer connected to it. Also, if...

Auto Timer for Heater Honeywell RH230B [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. I lost my directions and don't know how to tell the timer the day of the week today is. Everything else is programed for days of the week and weekend but how do I tell it what day we're actually on? Would it be possible to get a new set of directions? Thank you.

Timer on hot water heater [ 2 Answers ]

There is a timer on my water heater. How can I disconnect it? Also, does the timer affect how long my water stays running hot?

View more questions Search