Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    07impala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Florida employment law
    I would like to know is a employer allowed to work you over 9 hours without giving you 2 15 minute breaks?

{Moved from Forum Help, please take care to post in an appropriate forum.-<>}
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Hello 07:

I don't believe they can.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
    There is no Federal law that requires breaks or lunches, A few states and it is only a few states have laws and then they don't always apply to all workers.

Here is a link that will help you a lot.

http://employeeissues.com/breaks_meals.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment Law [ 1 Answers ]

When are you supposed to receive your last paycheck if you are terminated? Specifically how many days does and employer have to get you your money?:confused:

Employment Law [ 6 Answers ]

I have had an ongoing problem with my employer paying correctly, mostly overtime money. It has caused me much financial difficulty. I have not been able to pay all of my bills for 4 months now, so of course my credit rating has suffered.I am now faceing forelosure on a property I own because of...

Employment law [ 19 Answers ]

If I made a new copy of my work contract and signed it by my manager.would I get the sack

Employment Law [ 1 Answers ]

I live in AZ, a right to work state. I need to know if I earned 2 weeks vacation but quit am I still entitled to receive that money?

View more questions Search