Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kcsalloyd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Filing Past Years' Taxes
    :eek: My husband is an owner operator leased on with a company. We have to file taxes for 2004 & 2005 and needed to know what the max allowance for per diem for those years are and how to prepare and file taxes for those years for free.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 06:57 PM
    I think you're going to need the help of a tax preparer unless you can get ahold of the tax forms for those years yourself and file them yourself. You may be able to contact the IRS and ask them for the tax booklets and the forms you need as well.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 12:39 PM
    You can access the 2004 and 2005 tax forms from with Internal Revenue Service or Home - 1040.com.

You can also get the per diem rates for 2004 and 2005 from those year's version of IRS Pub 1542, which can be downloaded from Internal Revenue Service.

BOTTOM LINE, though, is GET PROFESSIONAL TAX HELP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes for past years 2004, 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was contractor with kbr in kuwait for 2 years(2004-2006). Some how according to IRS I failed to file my taxes for 2004 and 2006. Now, I am suppose to file them using form 2555-ez. Would like to know if I have to combine the 2555-ez and 1040 or just use the 2555. I also have to file some...

How to get the past 3 years taxes? [ 7 Answers ]

My daughters father has not filed taxes in the past 3 years because he realized until he is caught up on his back child support, I receive his refund. Well I called IRS every year to report that he wasn't filing his taxes. They told me there was nothing I could do. They said nothing would be...

Filing taxes after 2 years of not filing [ 3 Answers ]

I have not filed taxes for 2 years (2004, 2005) and I do not have the requisite documentation from those years. I do know that the IRS owed me a refund; I did not owe them any taxes. How does one file without this documentation? And do I need to file these years before I file for 2006?

Filing taxes from previous years [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew (single and over 21) did not file taxes for the years 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005 and now 2006. He did not make over $5000 for any given year. He has now been told that he needs to file for these yrs. What forms does he need to do this? Can he use the tax forms for this year or does he need...

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

View more questions Search