Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thankfully Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Benign reasons for monthly doctor's visit
    My problem is that I want to be hired for a semi-physical job,however I am on pain medication and must visit a doctor monthly. I want to keep my medical history private. On the other hand I must get off once a month to visit the doctor. What would be a good reason for visiting the doctor(or other good reasons to need off work) monthly that wouldn't effect his opinion of me being able to physically preform my job, and future health insurance considerations? I hope I posted this in the correct place. Thanks in advance for helping me brainstorm.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
    There really is not benign reason I can think of. If you can schedule your dr appt for first thing in the morning or last appointment of the day, try that. There should be no reason to hide your dr appointments from your employer. The fact you are on pain medication worries me also. If your job entails you working with dangerous machinery, then I'm afraid if you have an accident and get hurt, your employer will be worse than upset. You didn't say what your job was or just how long you must go to this doctor for the pain medicine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural gas more benign than coal or oil [ 1 Answers ]

It is commonly claimed that Natural gas use is better from a GreenHouse Gas perspective. Since oil, coal and gas all produce carbon dioxide when burnt, where is the scientific justification for this claim. My NET searches have been in vain.

Mad at doctor's office! [ 8 Answers ]

Well, I have waiting 2 months so far for my mammogram. This is getting ridiculous! I went in after I found it in October, they told me to come back after a menstrual cycle. The lump was still there, so they recommended a mammogram. I go to the free clinic since I don't have insurance. The...

Multiple symptoms all benign or curable, wish I was dead :( [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm 22 yrs old going on 23, for the last 3 years going on 4 I've totally became reclusive I have no friends or partners, and I've sat in the house nearly every day for 6 months at a time going out the occasional day to go to appointments with doctors. I have something called bier spots they...

Is glutathione safe without doctor's prescription? [ 1 Answers ]

hi may i ask if i can take gluta or metathione without a dermatologist's prescription..thanks a lot :)

Doctor's Bill [ 3 Answers ]

Last spring, I had a toothache and went to a dentist for evaluation. The finding was that a wisdom tooth was impacting a back molar and the wisdom tooth needed to be pulled while the molar needed to have a root canal and capped. The dentist forwarded me on to an oral surgeon who was outside of...

View more questions Search