Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rick007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Alimony ex wife inherited lots of money
    I was divorced in Florida 1998 and pay 400.00 per month. I'm now remarried and wife is bed ridden med bills are killing me. My ex has inherited lots of money,and my question is can I get rid of the alimony?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Hello rick:

Yes, you should get it reduced to ZERO. Alimony went out with the women's movement. If you were ordered to pay, it should have been temporary. If it wasn't, and there's no compelling reason for you to have supported her, then you had a bad lawyer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife just left me and I think that she inherited a large sum [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a way to find out if a particular person has inherited money or property

When I will have lots of money to spend without worrying, my own house and four wheel [ 2 Answers ]

When I will have lots of money to spend without worrying, my own house and four wheel

International sell of home ? Inherited? Bringing money to the states. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am trying to get some advise on a house sale. I currently live in Ca. with my brother and mother. My Dad passed away 4 years ago in another country (Ecuador). My father lived in the U.S.A. and also in Ecuador however he owned a house where my mom and dads name is on. We are...

Do I pay taxes on inherited money from abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I might inherit money from my father who was a pakistani citizen. I am a dutch citizen, but a legal resident in the usa. I am wondering if I have to pay taxes over the amount I receive.

Tax on Inherited Money in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Does a new permanent resident of Canada (immigrated to Canada for less than a year) have to pay taxes on his/her inherited money when he/she wants to transfer it to Canada? I would appreciate any insight on the matter. Regards

View more questions Search