Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tara_quest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2004, 12:36 AM
    Seeking Tara Ceiling Fan by Southern Fan Co
    Sometimes also labeled as 'American Lantern'

This was a fan made in Tyler TX in the 1980s I am seeking in any condition. It's most easily recognised by the fact that the fan has a variable speed control and no pullchain.

A few other descriptive factors:
    -GE Motor with flywheel
    -Motor housing shaped like standard 80s Casablanca fan (Zephyr)
    -Smaller switch housing with ornate switch cap
    -Wooden speed control knob

It was offered in a variety of different finishes, and you could mix an match the sideband with the rest of the motor. The one I saw was brown with a brass sideband.

Pictures of some Tara fans similar to that which I am seeking are here:

http://www.geocities.com/mt_spiffy/

Also, this site contains my photo homage to the lumberyard the Tara hung in (you can see the fan the replaced it with) and at the bottom of the page is my original sketch of the fan.

I am willing to go to great lengths to find this fan, as it has sentimental value.

Please email me [email protected] with any info.

Thank you very much
    Dan
    tara_quest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2004, 04:59 PM
    Seeking Tara Ceiling Fan by Southern Fan Co
    The Tara Quest site, mentioned below and previously, has been updated, please check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/mt_spiffy/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does an inexpensive southern beach community exist? [ 7 Answers ]

We are hoping to relocate to a location in one of the southern states that is near the ocean, has a quaint charm (like a walkable main street) and doesn't cost a fortune. After we do retire - we will possibly be able to afford approximately 250$ tops. Is there a place with these features? Can't...

Book by Southern (male) author? [ 6 Answers ]

:) Hi - I read a book a couple of years ago by a Southern (male) author; he references eating at Paschal's at the Atlanta airport and also references the height of Vestal Goodman's hair, and canning homemade soup. He has also been on NPR's "All Things Considered". Any ideas? Thanks!

Coastal Vacation in Southern Georgia [ 10 Answers ]

My family (5-8 people) is looking a great location for our summer of 2006 vacation... We love the beach and would appriciate any information that would give us information about desirable places... Thank You!

UK F1- seeking help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be on OPT soon and had the following Questions: 1) In ths US , as an international student do I pay the same taxes as the nationals do ? And if so am I taxed in the following manner: Federal Tax State Tax Local

Southern California Ballooning [ 0 Answers ]

I just got back from vacationing in San Diego and had a wonderful time. I went on a hot air balloon and was so impressed with where I went that I figured I would post it as an option in case anyone had questions about balloon rides, the history of it, or even if they just want to see some pictures....

View more questions Search