Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unaccord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 10:46 PM
    1992 Accord cuts out restarts 30 min later
    1992 Honda Accord. Starts fine cold, runs 20-25 minutes in cold weather, then dies. Will not start. 30 minutes later starts right up.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 06:47 AM
    First, try resetting the ECM, by pulling the 7.5 A BACK UP Fuse in the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds. If the problem does not go away, 1) replace the main relay, which is located under the dash, left of the steering column and hidden by silver cruise control box, which needs to be removed; 2) replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM); and 3) replace the coil. Here's how to replace the ICM and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

While you have the distributor open, I would replace the rotor and distributor cap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord EX [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having trouble with this one for a while now. The Check Engine Light came on at about 94000 miles, and around 96000 miles the car started idle-ing abnormally. Sometimes the RPMs would be around 0, other times it would be past 1. Around this time when I would drive it it would buck,...

Honda Accord 1992 ex [ 1 Answers ]

I would llke to know how do I go about replacing the spark plug tube seals? Thanks

Honda Accord 1992 [ 2 Answers ]

When I am driving sometimes the car seems to shift to a lower gear. I apply gas but it doesn't seem to do any thing, when I back off the gas it seems to pick up and go. This is an automatic transmission. Thanks

1992 accord [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 honda accord doesn't always start then 20 minutes later I try and it starts right, what shall I do

1992 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the main relay is and also the igniter and the coil on this car

View more questions Search