Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandit90z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Need a replacement bottom rail
    I was given an above ground pool that is in excellent shape except for 3 of the curved bottom rails/tracks/rims are rusted badly. The rest of them are in great shape. I have no idea of the brand of pool but the tracks are 1" wide x 3/4" tall x 56" long (measured on the outside of the curve. They look like rims for a Muskin pool but all the ones I see for muskin are 51". Please help if you know anything. I was also wandering could a metal fabrication shop just make some for me?

Thanks,
    Greg
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 08:36 AM
    A fabricator could make you some tracks but your free pool may get expensive. You say rusted which surprised me since I have only install aluminium tracks. I'd keep calling around and checking to see who carries what, something should fit your needs. Buy your liner from that guy because liners are not reuseable.
    mikespencer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit90z View Post
    I was given an above ground pool that is in excellent shape except for 3 of the curved bottom rails/tracks/rims are rusted badly. The rest of them are in great shape. I have no idea of the brand of pool but the tracks are 1" wide x 3/4" tall x 56" long (measured on the outside of the curve. They look like rims for a Muskin pool but all the ones I see for muskin are 51". Please help if you know anything. I was also wandering could a metal fabrication shop just make some for me?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg,
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. I recently got a pool and need bottom track as well. Mine aren't rusted but several got bent when the old owners disassembled it. The length you described is the same as mine. I have an Esther Williams 30' with 19 tracks. Did you have any luck locating the tracks/rails? If so where?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    pennzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 04:49 PM
    I don't know where you are from but we took one rail in to the pool shop and they found the bottom rails for us it was island pool and spa verona island Maine
    Warphead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Has anyone thought to purchase 20' sections of 1/2 to 3/4 pvc pipe? You could cut them to 4 or 5 foot sections. Using an old rail as a guide you could bend the pvc pipe to match the curvature of the original rail and secure that curve by a strong string with a hook at each end. To keep the curvature of the pvc pipe I would heat it in front of a forced air kerosene heater while bound by the string until it retains the correct curve. Then run each section across a table saw with the blade set to cut only 1/4" and carefully cut a groove for the pool wall to set in. With some pvc cement and cutting the splice connectors with a groove as well you should be able to fabricate an inexpensive, durable and strong bottom pool rail. Another thought would be to drill a series of holes, 1/8" diameter directly across from the groove cut and spaced about two inches apart. These holes would allow for water drainage and substantially increase the life of the pool wall. Just a thought.
    KPE .
    Warphead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Think outside of conventional. Things are about to change. Ask and I'll try to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chair rail [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a chair rail in my dinning room, my question regards nailing into the studs, living in Florida the studs are metal (I think steel or aluminum). The nail gun does not have the power to penetrate this kind of stud. Should I just nail into the dry wall or should I use a product such as...

Chair Rail Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting up chair rail, if I install it at the proper height (32" - 36" for eight foot ceiling) it runs into the apron of one of my windows. I would have to install it at 39" height to go above the apron and sill. I believe that might be too high. Don't know if I should keep it at the right...

Chair Rail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a study that is 9 x 11 with 12' ceilings. What is the best way for me to shorten the height of the room without taking away from the square footage? Should I install chair rail?

Chair Rail [ 3 Answers ]

How High Should Chair Rail Be?

Chair Rail up Stairs [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put chair rail up a stairway, but the problem is that it would interfere with The existing handrail. Which way is better - to put it above the handrail, below it, or even with it? I'm using half-round, so even with the handrail would make it tough to use the Hand rail. Also,...

View more questions Search