Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murshyblues Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Computer in trouble.
    My laptop computer is running very slow too slow I should say.
    I just hooked up my laptop to
    The internet and I downloaded AVG 7.5, CCleaner, Spybot-search and destroy, Ad-Ware 2007, and ZoneAlram free firewall.

I use FireFox, and when ever I click on it to start it up, it take forever to come on the screen, and when I click on Spybot that too takes way too long to come on. Can anyone help me, my come runs too slow.
    I have a Compaq presario 2500 laptop! I have no idea what to do!
    GABRIEL5555 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Delete spybot, use the cccleaner to delet all our internet files,how long you have your laptop?and use avg to see if you have a virus
    murshyblues Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
    I had my computer for almost 5 years, but for almost a year it wasn't hooked up to the internet, I have to do recovery on it, I just hooked it up today, and before I hooked up the internet everything was working fine
    GABRIEL5555 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
    When ever your done with your computer shut it down, but for now use cc cleaner and avg.also download avg rootkit and avg anti spyware.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Your using too many anti SPywares at once
    AVG 7.5, Spybot-search and destroy, Ad-Ware 2007
    Each one of these is running in the backround and each is scanning at the same time for basically the same type of items, which is slowing down your PC
    You should choose avg and one of the Spybot or Adware programs as your spyware app

Now if you have the full avg, it should have a spyware tool in that program anyway
    But if you just have the anti virus of AVG you would choose Spybot or Ad-ware

But if you do have full avg just run Spybot and Adware as a standalone app whenever you want to check, but don't have them start with PC

Hopep this makes sense
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 02:19 AM
    Also do a defrag on your lappy and clean all your cookies and temp files , you might also try stopping some proggies from starting up when you boot your lappy up... go to Start/RUN type msconfig then the startup tab , be careful what you uncheck though , some of these are essential to start your PC up , you can Google what the exe's are for and determine weather or not you need them to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble Connecting Camcorder To Computer [ 4 Answers ]

I have a JVC camcorder (Model No. gr-d395u). It came with a USB cord, as well as software to connect it to my PC. But, even though I successfully installed the software, I don't know how to transfer videos from the camera to the computer. The instruction booklet explains how to transfer still...

Computer boot up trouble [ 4 Answers ]

Ok to lay a lot of what its doing in depth, I looked around in questions before posting, basically its what it says it won't boot up , it's a hp8665c 512 ram(added a yr ago) and the 38 gig hard drive it came with, the problem I am receiving is when I boot the computer up, it will start with the hp...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search