Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdog747 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Connecting my laptop to the internet using my desktop connection
    Hello young folks,

Here is my problem. I have a desktop computer with WIN ME just got broadban internet. Can I use my new laptop WIN Vista to connect to the internet using my desktop connection? I was told something about a router?
    GABRIEL5555 Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Yeah u can the router is for when u want to go wirelessly
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Yes, you can purchase a wireless router that would plug in between your modem and your computer ( assuming you use DSL or cable) ** does not work with dial up.

You can buy them almost anyway, in US Walmart, every computer store and more. Most are as simple as plug, run the disk and it works.
    This is assuming your lap top has a wireless card in it.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:53 PM
    This site is user friendly -- should be a great help

PracticallyNetworked.com

Please rate my answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Laptop or Desktop? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is better for a college atmosphere? Top of the line system. In my personal case I plan on being a graphic designer, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Connecting 2 computers with 1 internet connection. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 computers running on XP home and I have an internet broadband connection, I want to connect both computers to this connection as my first PC is already connected with DSL modem. Also I want to share my hard drives so I can access files on any of them. Please help me to setup this and with...

Connecting a GPS to Desktop Computer [ 1 Answers ]

How can I have my desktop computer communicate with my GPS? My computer is a Dell Dimension 8200 running windows XP version 5.1 with SP 1. My GPS is a Garmin eTrex Vista that needs to connect to the desktop to upload & download information from MapSource (v 4.07) software via a serial cable. ...

View more questions Search